Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum

The wife and I will be going on vacation next week to Pensacola Fl. We thinking of heading back a day early to stop by the Barber Museum. I was wondering about how long it takes to take it all in. Just wanna plan so that we have enough time to get through it all without rushing.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

IMO. You could do it in a day if you hurry. Chances are that you'll want to linger at a few of the displays. Another option is to take ALOT of pictures and look at what there was when you get home.
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Like Willie says,take lots of pics (camera: batteries,memory cards etc.), such a great place to visit.Look at my current avatar,these "Wheelmen" will greet you.

Comment

I was there a couple of years ago, and agree that one FULL day is OK, if you hurry.

Take your camera. Make sure you have a LARGE memory card and LOTS of battery capacity.
        I had not taken my good camera with me on that trip, so I got a cheapie at Wal-Mart,
        along with a 2GB card and two 4-packs of AA batteries. With the amount of flash pictures I was taking,
        I went through those batteries like water, and had to get more. Still not enough.

Don't worry about Mrs. Kparkfan, she is going to enjoy it, too.

Be sure to take special note of the bike over the gift shop entrance.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Someday, I keep telling myself. But it's a long ride. Hell, I even enjoy their web site.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

While in P'cola be sure to visit the Naval Aviation Museum. It's realy cool. If you're on a bike there are special requirments to get on base.

What time ya coming through the Greenville/Montgomery area? Stop in and say howdy.

Buddy
            09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
            83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
            81 GS650G for the wife.
            82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
            I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
            If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
            Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
              While in P'cola be sure to visit the Naval Aviation Museum. It's realy cool. If you're on a bike there are special requirments to get on base.
              The requirements for getting on base with a motorcycle...
              DON'T FORGET: Vistors must present valid identification for entry to the air station. Those visitors riding motorcycles will not be allowed on board unless they are wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants, helmet, gloves, and hard sole shoes.

I want to go to both places myself.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
                The wife and I will be going on vacation next week to Pensacola Fl. We thinking of heading back a day early to stop by the Barber Museum. I was wondering about how long it takes to take it all in. Just wanna plan so that we have enough time to get through it all without rushing.
                I've been to the Barber Museum several times over the years. I've spent an entire day there, and there have been times when I've buzzed thru it in a couple hours. Each time it's a little different, always adding new bikes and displays, and occasionally moving things around. I enjoy it every time. The first time would probably require a few hours if you REALLY want to take it all in. Walk around for a couple hours, stop and eat lunch, walk around for a couple more.

I've not been there since they've started the latest expansion, but I imagine it's just getting bigger and bigger, and much bigger.

I stopped in there with my wife and kids a few years ago, on hour way South on vacation. I expected to be there half a day. Unfortunately, my wife and kids were not as enthused about the place as I was, and we were done in less than two. Hehe... I think if you're pressed for time, or just don't WANT to spend a lot of time there, you could probably still see most everything in a couple hours.
                ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Working...
                X