No announcement yet.

Back to the 2 step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else did all of the work. Trip is getting it the rest of the way...Thanks for the compliment. Hope to be running by next week
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Clutch release

I'm using a Dyna shift minder to trigger the air shifter, and don't have any experience with the MPS air clutch release. But my guess is that the both have the same effect: Rev limiter engaged until the clutch handle has moved outward to some point. For me, the adjustment is simply to move the handlebar adjuster to create more or less slack in the clutch cable, but the air clutch might be a bit trickier. Once it's dialed in though, the science of it says you'll be more consistant than me doing a manual release. Some of the other guys in here no doubt could be more help than me on this one.

One note on my setup for anybody thinking about it: if you just wire up the shift minder to trigger the airshifter you're gonna have grief. There has to be a delay mechanism inserted to increase the kill time. Once you get the kill time dialed in though, its basically an auto shift. Let the clutch out and hold on. Sweeeet!

Comment

I could not find anything with the system that seemed to be an issue? I checked the clutch, think I may have found the issue? Looked like the cable may have streched? Adjusted cable took it for a test lap, all seem back to normal. Plus made it home before a got arrested, haha

Comment

You are a maniac street racer... I got pulled over on my turbo bike with the wheelie bars on... The cop looked me in the eye and said wtf are you doing with that thing! I said checking the front wheel loft. He almost punched me.
          Got away without a ticket. Don't ask me how.. Maybe he thought I was suicidal... Those were the days.
          Curt

Comment

From back in the day

Bout twenty years ago I was going around one of those 270 degree entrance ramps onto I -8 in San Diego. Totally focused on the turn, headers dragging, as I was getting to the point where I would start accelerating I tossed a quick look over my left shoulder for oncoming. Saw the bumper of a car, but knew I had room so I nailed it. I sailed out onto the freeway with room to spare...right in front of the cop car. Doh! When they pulled me over one of them said, "How long you been riding this thing?" I said, "About twelve years." He said, "When you gonna learn to ride it?" I turned so red they both laughed and let me go.

Comment

nice hope you didnt pay to much my friend picked up a kz 1000 at a swap meet for 1,500 runs low 9 s dont look prety but goes good for the money

Comment

Number one... gots to look good.
                Number two...I got about 180 hp that says I will be close.
                Number three..I finally got a true track bike.
                And I would love to see that bike. Go to the track with him and video his runs. I would love to see an ugly 9...
                Curt

Comment

My small tire bike has stock cams & 140 HP at the wheel. It has gone 9.19 @ 145. 180 HP should put you in the 8.60-8.70 range pretty easily. At least if you are 200 lbs or less.
                  Ray.

Comment

the kid is a bought 26 and 165lb and a pro hillclimber

Comment

Ray,
                      Wouldn't that be a blast. I am putting that motor in the new frame. Then to the dyno. Trip has been helping a lot... He has been running steady 8.90's
                      Curt

Comment

First shots I've taken

SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

first we cut then we rebuild

I started with the wiring system and dash configuration - the last owner must have been a trucker because the switches were HUGE!!

ugly spagetti

fused and relay power to coils

dyna systems

and the new dash

Comment

more goodies

33 smothies

electric shift over air kill

nice slick.

Comment

How big is that motor? If it is 1166 or bigger, 38 RSs or Lectrons will make a LOT more power!
                              Ray.

Comment

Ray,
                                That is a stock motor. We are just getting everything working and then swapping the 1327 from my other bike into the new frame... I will probably have to switch this winter. Unless Mr. Wizard(Trip) and I get this thing running in the next week. The weather has been great this summer. I hope fall lasts till Christmas...

Comment

Working...
                                X