Back to the 2 step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
    ... I will probably have to switch this winter. Unless Mr. Wizard(Trip) and I get this thing running in the next week. The weather has been great this summer. I hope fall lasts till Christmas...

ok guys, if you are watching this bike was a project started by ??? and getting finished by Bellucci and myself. last 2 nights in a row we have put on the finishing touches and so this thing is READY TO RIDE. however it looks like the winter engine switch turned into tomorrow

everything done , belluuci and I got 'er fired up- it started so easily firing on all 4 - rear tire up in the air on a jack,, went to change gears..... well it seems we have neutral and first -- no more.

life of a race biker- pull the engine again - drop the pan - go thru the clutch again and again. adjust the chain, charge the batteries, get race gas and another gasket kit... wha? is dinner already cold? I'll be in in a minute .

I know he pulled the big engine last night -e mail at 12:05 So I yanked this one in under a half hour this morning.

pix will be along as we go.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Turns out the trans ain't quite right in the stock motor... It does run, but I figured it was easier to just put the good motor in the new frame. Started last night and got it out by midnight. Back to Trips with the good motor...
      At least we got the wiring and the relief for the chain done. Also mounted the Dyna goodies and installed the chain... If we aren't careful, it might run and hit the track by Sunday... Naaa...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Two shakedown passes and a full assault on the third run. My guess is 9.90. Any takers

Comment

I'm in...
          Curt

Comment

Which track/tracks do you plan on running?

And make sure you post up if you go for a T&T or a race...I might be able to make it out there...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It will be Great Lakes in Union Grove,Wi. The track south of you is great, but I know the folks in Wi. Or I might take it down the 4 lane in front of work...
              Curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                It will be Great Lakes in Union Grove,Wi. The track south of you is great, but I know the folks in Wi. Or I might take it down the 4 lane in front of work...
                Curt
                Well south of me is RT66, which I never enjoyed racing at.
                Now Byron, to the west of me, and the 2WheelSpeed series was/is outstanding...although I hear attendance is down this year.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

zByron was the one I was thinking of... Great lakes is 40 min. Byron is an hour plus. Once things get settled, I will let you know when we are going... maybe meet in LZ and follow or go with... I know you are seasoned like Trip... And if it runs good, you take a swing at it...
                  Curt

Comment

Stock motor out in 20 mi. 1327 in with carbs, exhaust,and electronics in 50 min. Finishing the wiring hopefully this weekend... We are having fun..

Comment

did u at least take it for a rip up the street yet

Comment

not in my neighborhood - but he took it home last night.

Friday-24th is the night we have planned for the maiden voyage at GLD!!

I'm predicting a high 9 sec just sub 10 number - the gearing is not where I'd like it to be. no locking device in the clutch chest. - yet
                        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I'll be watching for the results. Curt we should meet and have a race before the snow hits.

Comment

No lock up? I have several & the spacers if you need one.
                            Ray.

Comment

Amx,
                              I had a bunch of little things to attend to, but am hoping to rip up the back lot tomorrow. The bars are set at 5 inches so, I need to remedy that.
                              Sprout,
                              I will be going to the track on Thursday for a couple shakedown runs. Then pack your stuff and meet me in Union Grove. And away we go...
                              Ray,
                              I know I will need one soon. Its awful nice of you to donate one!! I think Trip has one extra also... I will get some video hopefully by the weekend...
                              Trip did an outstanding job of wiring and fabricating and all the other things that had to be done. I think I am going to send them to the islands for a vacation.
                              Curt

Comment

Set the bars, check for cohones, and we go...

Comment

Working...
                                X