Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philly to Cali - roundtrip! ride for the natives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philly to Cali - roundtrip! ride for the natives!

My gs brethren. First, I am not on a GS. But rather strom. However I am long time GS owner and poster here on the forums and I have met a few of you on rally's. I am heading across the states to take photographs of Native Plants. It's a long story and quite involved. Find out more and follow my adventure here at ridefornatives.blogspot.com.

I just spent the last few days camping through PA national forests and just landed in Erie at a dirty motel. I'll be headed toward Chicago next. Can any of you Ohio Folks recommend cheap accommodations somewhere? camping,etc.

I'm still sorting out my route but would love the insight from any of you GSRers along the way.

thanks!!!

Come on out to Santa Barbara!
    You can get your sixers shirt back
    Last edited by chef1366; 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
      I'm still sorting out my route but would love the insight from any of you GSRers along the way.

thanks!!!
      Have fun!!

Detour thru the Ozarks, if you haven't been there before.
      Also, check out some MO BBQ, if you're not a vegetarian
      (I sure miss that, here in the Philly area.)

Here's one of many good ones, in Sedalia, on Highway 50:
      KEHDE'S BBQ, 1915 S Limit Ave, Sedalia, MO 65301, 165 Photos, Mon - Closed, Tue - Closed, Wed - 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, Thu - 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, Fri - 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, Sat - 6:00 am - 8:00 pm, Sun - 6:00 am - 3:00 pm

The best burnt ends I have ever had. They even have fried pickles, The King's fav!!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Give me a shout if your out my way. We have native plants here also.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
          Give me a shout if your out my way. We have native plants here also.

cg
          I bet you do you NorCal hippy!

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            I bet you do you NorCal hippy!

I resemble that remark!
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Come on out to Santa Barbara!
              You can get your sixers shirt back
              did you hear about the bynum trade. He will look good in a sixers shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
                did you hear about the bynum trade. He will look good in a sixers shirt!
                Of course I heard!!! I search Lakers twenty times a day on Google and have the Bleachers app on my iPhone.

I'm kinda crazy like that.

Comment

Maro,

When will you be in Chicago? We have a great group of guys and gals here and we could probably set up a get together to meet you. Also, depending on dates, Cathy and I could likely put you up for a night or two.

Thanks,
                  Joe
                  IBA# 24077
                  '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                  '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
                  X