No announcement yet.

gs750e engine leak - Upside down bolt on front of engine leaking just slightly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750e engine leak - Upside down bolt on front of engine leaking just slightly

1981 GS750E

On the front of the engine there is an upside down screw that goes between the crank and head. It leaks from the top as it is an open threaded hole. See picture.

Have had this leak for a while now. Thought it was head gasket and just replaced, but leak remains.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts as to how to get it to stop? Engine runs great otherwise.

Originally posted by tc80211 View Post
    1981 GS750E

On the front of the engine there is an upside down screw that goes between the crank and head. It leaks from the top as it is an open threaded hole. See picture.

Have had this leak for a while now. Thought it was head gasket and just replaced, but leak remains.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts as to how to get it to stop? Engine runs great otherwise.
    Follow this thread

Comment

I had the same issue on my 750 after complete rebuild- it was the O-rings on the two head bolts. I replaced them on the build bit did not oil them. Once replaced and oiled the leak stopped completely.

Comment

Thats great. I will try that! Where did you buy those o-rings? ebay? Finding parts locally has proven difficult.

Comment

wow, tc80211 you name threw me off so bad, i usually go through the threads and read stuff when i am bored, i was sitting there thinking 'i didnt post this, why is my name there' lmao. it threw me for a loop

Comment

Originally posted by tc80211 View Post
            Thats great. I will try that! Where did you buy those o-rings? ebay? Finding parts locally has proven difficult.
            I've found this place to have the best shipping prices for small orders

Comment

Yeah, it's Suzuki Part # 09280-17002
              Fits a multitude of other bikes- Dealer should be able to get this. I was able to find some NOS on Ebay for 2$. Sure Z1 would have it as well.

Comment

It worked! Leaked fixed!

Comment

With ya Subid, Power Sports Plus: online OEM king

Comment

Working...
                  X