No announcement yet.

Stockbridge MI "All Clubs Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on the saturday ride it was good fun, good roads and great food too. The bike ran great and who would believe a 12to1 1186 big valve .400 lift camed 38mm flatslide carbed oil cooled gsx motor would yield 41mpg? Thanks to John for a fun day. Wish i could have made it for Sunday
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

SOme pics of the folks on the ride Saturday.

First,

Originally posted by redstedman View Post

Mr John Redstedman and his 1100ES and Honda F bike.

Lead the ride Saturday on the F, and rode to the show at parked at the show on the ES. I didnt notice any grumblings from his Honda buddies.

Thanks again John.

Dave
      Last edited by Redman; 09-16-2012, 11:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
        +1 on the saturday ride it was good fun, good roads and great food too. The bike ran great and who would believe a 12to1 1186 big valve .400 lift camed 38mm flatslide carbed oil cooled gsx motor would yield 41mpg? Thanks to John for a fun day. Wish i could have made it for Sunday

Andy akckhim and his GS.

I told my son it was a 700 and he said "you may think that looks like a 700, but I rode next to it and it aint no 700".

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Dfrnt View Post
          .................?
          Steve Mr Dfrnt on "the other GS"

Steve said he is going to be looking for a 850G or 1100G.

and wife Breggetta (I think, please correct me).

she said the ride may have doubled her total miles, and includes her fastest ever.
          We Can see that big smile even with a full facehelmet on.

Last edited by Redman; 09-16-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

One of Johns Honda/VJMC friends (name just slipped). I suspect one of the usaull suspects.
            I had to tell him this is first time I have ever seen a CBX on the road. Have only seen in shows.

Chris on a bike he pulled out of a shed. "just needs carb work" the PO said,...turned out to be zero compression.

Justin and Jennifer (my son and DIL) that also came over from west side of state.

Was 12 bikes on the ride Saturday, so I didn't get pictures of everybody.

Parking at Johns house.

John telling Justin about the most beautifull sound in the world: an inline 6 cylinder into a 6-to-1 pipe at 12 thousand rpm.

Pictures of show in an other day or two.

Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the pics & the kind words. It was a great weekend, perfect weather.

BTW, a 4 into 1 pipe would not work on my CBX

Comment

Originally posted by redstedman View Post
                Thank you for the pics & the kind words. It was a great weekend, perfect weather.

BTW, a 4 into 1 pipe would not work on my CBX
                doah... my mental malfunction, ol' Suzuki guy just not at all accustome to thinking of 6 cyclinders. (have corrected my miss statement).

More photos to come.

Dave

Comment

SUNDAY, ride to Stockbridge for the All Clubs show.

Get there at about 11, and John has us park right at curb of town square, nearby to VJMC tent the square on the lawn.

ANd he tells the H-D with skulls to go park across the street or in spectator parking area, and chases away some other bikes that happen along also.

Was not too long and the curb is full of 70s & 80s Honda, Suzuki, K'ski (dont think I saw any Yammies, would expect an XS11 or 650), and a couple 90s snuck in there.

As was 3 other parking areas nearby full of bikes.

Other bikes along the curb there during the day

I chatted with this fellow that showed up. Black 80 850G (yes, black) Said bike had been in family since new. He from Detroit area.
                  Said he had been on GSR and was helpfull "especailly the Cliff Notes" in working on carbs and charging problem. Said needs to rereqister cause has been a while.
                  Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

John directing a bike to park in the sqare on lawn next to VJMC tent. Owner talking about the day he bought it from where and who and such.

Other's displayed on lawn

And 4 or 5 bikes like this:

Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Others in other exhibits/clubs:

Fellow at AJS club explained to me how the mechanical genius at AJS invented all the things to convert bycycles into motorcycles, and all those things are now common place in modern bikes.
                      Oh.

Fellow with Norton shirt and hat explained to me how Norton brought in the era of modern bikes.
                      Oh.

Comment

Other scenes:

This CB350 was in a group from Ton Up Cafe in Yipsi.
                        I think I remember staring at one of these, or something similar, when I was 16 or 17, thinking "motorcycle... cycle...motor... motorcycle ... motor...cycle..."

THis in exhibit from Antique Motorcycle club/association around the monumnet and garden.

I noticed this was attracting a lot of attention.
                        Have seen such an engine before.
                        So I commented that this attracting a lot of attention, which gave a couple of guys an opportunity to expound opon thier knowledge. Apparently that is a Aeral Square 4 engine in a Norton bike, and required frame modification for it to fit. Okay.

THis guy (maybe 25 years old) in brand new H-D vest and do-rag had a question for the gentelman that has owned this bike for maybe twice as long as a the guy is old, "What does R-A-P-I-D-E spell?" and "what would it sell for?"

Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I was there with Kawasaki Concours group on my GPZ. Saw both these bikes. Great to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stasch View Post
                            I was there with Kawasaki Concours group on my GPZ. Saw both these bikes. Great to see them.
                            Ah, I saw a Connie here and there around the curb/street. Was there a Connie exhibit in/on the square I didnt see? I saw some riding group and some other riding group (not at all vintage) there on south/east part of the square.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Redman.
                              Looks like a great show. To my eye it looks better having the bikes on the streets instead of a parking lot or arena.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                Thanks for the pics, Redman.
                                Looks like a great show. To my eye it looks better having the bikes on the streets instead of a parking lot or arena.
                                Actually, the show is all around & in the town square. Non showing bikes are everywhere else. Maybe you & Chris(Fer) from London can make it next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X