Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pods, Pipes, Panic! (Help! Your Bike has Pods)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be correct the inner cyls need to run a little richer as it helps with the cooling you may also find tho that the rings wear a little faster but its negligable and will possibly not be noticable on a normal mildly tune bike

Comment

Hi my bike is gs550ex c.f. carbs custom 4into2 pipe k&n pod filters. I've got denoted kit stage 3kit on needle set on 4th notch down 155 main jets .bike runs crap feels like it's not getting fuel .had it on dyno and this was the results .20180613_162333.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yozzer74 View Post
        Hi my bike is gs550ex c.f. carbs custom 4into2 pipe k&n pod filters. I've got denoted kit stage 3kit on needle set on 4th notch down 155 main jets .bike runs crap feels like it's not getting fuel .had it on dyno and this was the results .[ATTACH=CONFIG]55284[/ATTACH]
        Looking at that chart it looks lean. Personally I would use all the same size main jets instead of using larger on the inside cylinders if youre using pods. If you buy larger mains, remember that the DJ mains are sized differently. This can help http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_miku...ihin_sizes.htm
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I’m getting ready to rebuild the carbs on my 83 1100E. Last time they were off was in 1984 when the exhaust and pods were put on. This will be the first actual rebuild.So the jetting is spot on but is anything changed or updated significantly since then? Have my bottle brush looking carb cleaners and am ready to go. I’m right at 45,000 one owner miles.

Comment

Guys,

This sticky is an informational thread for you to read

DO NOT post up your questions or experiences here

Start a new thread below for your problem or question
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Thats the coolest thing I ever saw
              Originally posted by shwaz View Post
              oh, hell yeah! i got your dinojet right here!

[SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
              Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X