Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another crash,kind of.

So this makes 2 in one week.
    Friday night was a huge car show in Lake george,NY.
    All was fine,but then on the way home entering the I-87 south to go home,for no reason this car STOPS,noone comeing no one around no way to go around and i cannot understand why they stopped?
    I stopped safely but lately i have been having trouble keeping an extra 200 lbs upright,well it finaly happenned,Windshield toast and broken clutch handle for the ride home.Seems everytime we go uup to the lake lately someone tries to kill us.
    The carppy part is i never ever thought of teaching my wife how handle the bike falling over,like stepping off safely,so she stayed on and the bike landed on her leg.Thank god no seriouse injuries.So much for going out for dinner after.
    The crash earlier in the week can be seen here.It was on my 4 wheeler and hurt way more phisycally other than my pridebone.

Glad you two are OK.
    I have the same problem with two up on my Yami vstar 1300.
    Cruising we're fine but, in tight quarters or making quick stops in traffic can be embarrassing and painful.
    I think for me it's just too much weight or too much inexperiance two up and/or both.

Comment

Glad you both are ok. Safe two up riding requires lots of practice both for the driver and passenger. Take some time to practice the slow speed and quick stop stuff in an empty lot, or better yet take an advanced rider course specializing in two up riding. It is a different beast entirely then solo riding. Take your time to heal up and be safe.

Comment

bad at telling stories,so,i stopped safely but could not hold the bike upraight and it slowly just fell over to the left onto her leg.
        And for what it is worth i have been 2 up riding for 10 years,5 years with my wife,she is great on the back,just lately i feel weaker than i used to.

Comment

Working...
        X