No announcement yet.

Racing for a wally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine grade 8 bolts are a MUST! Last time I saw that happen it was the Clark Bros. @ Cordova with a 140HP KZ (9:10's). They had a guest rider on board when it happened and the tempers were flying!! Those guys thought all stainless bolts are hardened - but in reality stainless bolts are just a 5.

don't be fooled get the gold expensive ones with matching washers.

if you do that kind of burn out and let the tire grab you also shatter fiber plates more often.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Tripp, bad news I did have the gold grade 8 bolts and washers. my luck they were Chinese bolts. No more burnouts like that. I'm going to contact APE fastners see what they offer?

Comment

never broke a sprocket bolt ever...top fuel burn outs at times..
        chop the throttle after crossing by the tree and let her chirp.
        hahaha...fun fun
        thats with an 11-29 tar..hehe

oh,
        no slider here...live clutch only

Comment

I told you where the talent is.

Hooray midwest bracket racers! Tom Klemme is your 3 time sportsman national champion!! - well , look who is holding the WALLY now.

Bob Nugent, the runner-up . him and his whole crew are super nice guys

From what I hear they really roll out the welcome wagon when the sportsman racers arrive at the year end event.

let's see some pictures ray ..

Comment

Pictures of what? I don't take pictures at the track. Ray.

Comment

To bad they don`t make it fair by giving a split tree. I bet you the results would have been different!

Comment

did you read the rules?

In case you were not informed- you get a split tree by putting a letter "N" on your machine.

div 6 and 7 have their m/c racers at a disadvantage on the National level by using the prostock motorcycle configuration in a sportsman bracket racing format. Tree is different equipment is different, I know, ~all you can do is put a "N" on your bike and stage up!! That is as fair as it is ever going to get using current standards.

There is a rule committee in every division and loudest voices are heard - too bad they don't listen to BRACKET RACERS - instead of prostock wanna bees.

Better brush up on the rules and get some seat time to practice, because we'll be playing by the same rules next year!!

I'm going do my best to get my team/crew/self a WALLY in 2013

no pictures? darn! well ok, I just wanted to see you and Mr. Bryce in matching jerseys Ray

Comment

They never even said a word to our guy and he raised a lot of hell before the race. We where told slow tree or don`t come out.

Comment

Jeff, in case YOU were not informed!, we are NOT allowed a split tree at Pomona! If we were, Division 7 racers would have our share of National championships too! Get YOUR info right before you spout off! We don't NEED boxes, sliders & .500 trees to win. Any of you that want to throw a lever on a Pro tree are welcome to come out here & put your money where your mouths are any time!!! Ray.
                    Last edited by rapidray; 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Ray You told me earlier in this thread to watch my mouth and what I say. hmmm I have No Problem backing what I can do and what I know, but if I'm wrong about something ,, I am big enough to admit it - without getting angry.

-afaik- From the beginning of divisional harley sportsman split trees have been an option out there-- maybe depending on your track has a different timing system this year? I don't know what / why . sorry that it was a problem for you guys - (maybe a lesson about versitility)

I'm highly competitive, but you seem to have some kind of chip on your shoulder Ray . what's up with that? are you ok? How can I help? Look if you have something to proove, 2 Wheel speed brings in national talent. pro tree clutch lever classes as well as any equipment legal bracket racing.

I've been out to your tracks more often than you have been here.

Bring it - don't sing it .. see you in the lanes , or are you just a tuner these days.

Comment

Jeff, the .500 tree racing came about because a LOT of racers can't race on a Pro tree. That is a FACT! I get annoyed about this entire Pomona deal because they let us race a split tree all year & then not at the finals. There is a HUGE difference between being able to throw a clutch lever & cut a good light on a Pro tree, & having a delay box, leaving on the top bulb of the tree & letting go of a button to activate the launch. You know it & I know it. If you are allowed a split tree why don't YOU run the Pro side of it? Not mad, just annoyed about the whole crock of BS that is the Nazi Hot Rod Association & the way they run things. I'll go Pro tree against you any time you are out here also. I am competitive to the point that if you & I go into a building that has 2 elevators, we are racing! Unfortunately, I have a job that doesn't allow me time to travel anywhere to race other than the west coast. Ray.

Comment

Hey Ray...WANNA RACE?hahahaha

Comment

Oh yea well I will race anybody for pinks on a pro tree. Oops I forgot I sold my bike. Forget about it

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                              Hey Ray...WANNA RACE?hahahaha
                              I am going to run Irwindale this year Kris. I just won't have enough time off work to go race anywhere else. Well, unless Fontana opens again but Heather told me that won't be till at least later next year. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X