• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33 smoothies mmmmm savory...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Curt, went red in my car. Last weekend the Suzuki ran 10.116, 10.123, 10.141 semi. Track got oiled down for about 30-40 minutes. I was next to go temp dropped late in the day cold day to start with. Noone on the track to keep it warm. I had no traction. Spun tire never caght the guy. Lesson learned. Cold day more burnout.

Comment

Thats for sure... Is your tire 7 inches wide? Thats what is on the one I have and it grabs real good. So much, I bent the struts... Now reinforced and ready to go...
        Curt

Comment

Yep, same 7in micky Thompson tire works great with very little burnout. This was the first cold day on the bike. I had no issues all day. But with an oil down and outside temp only high 50's track cooled off. Next time a little more burnout. I was only giving it a very short spin the just out go clean. I'm running 10 psi. Seems to work very good.

Comment

I have a little more grunt in mine. But still running 10 to 11 psi. Maybe we will get together next year... I am going to run tomorrow. With the cool air, maybe 9.20's. We will see... Thanks again for finding this frame.
            Curt

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
              I had an .036 light and she had a .18 with an 8.74 dial by the time I realized she was not gonna catch me I crossed with a margin of .24 should have been harder on the brakes
              Dont get me wrong, I mean this with your safety in mind. You should NEVER grab the brake, front or back, when drag racing a bike. It will put you on your butt in a heart beat.....Either roll off the throttle or "blip" the throttle off and on to reduce your speed. If you still run under the number, you dialed in wrong.....After 10 years of drag racing a GS1000, the only time I went "down" was when I grabbed too much front brake trying to make the first turn off (after the finish line) so I could have more "pit" time for the next round (saw the win light in my lane).......The next scariest thing that ever happened was when I forgot to snap the face shield before staging......After seeing my opponent wasn't going to catch me in the lights, I sat up, and the wind at 150 plus MPH caught the shield and flipped it wide open, pulling my head back to see all the stars that were out that night in Gainesville, Fl......This lasted probably a few seconds at the most, but imagine the ground I covered at that speed. Very scary....Race safe and remember those NHRA "Wallys" are not easily obtained.......Billy

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyB View Post
                Dont get me wrong, I mean this with your safety in mind. You should NEVER grab the brake, front or back, when drag racing a bike. It will put you on your butt in a heart beat.....Either roll off the throttle or "blip" the throttle off and on to reduce your speed. If you still run under the number, you dialed in wrong.....After 10 years of drag racing a GS1000, the only time I went "down" was when I grabbed too much front brake trying to make the first turn off (after the finish line) so I could have more "pit" time for the next round (saw the win light in my lane).......The next scariest thing that ever happened was when I forgot to snap the face shield before staging......After seeing my opponent wasn't going to catch me in the lights, I sat up, and the wind at 150 plus MPH caught the shield and flipped it wide open, pulling my head back to see all the stars that were out that night in Gainesville, Fl......This lasted probably a few seconds at the most, but imagine the ground I covered at that speed. Very scary....Race safe and remember those NHRA "Wallys" are not easily obtained.......Billy
                I really appreciate your comments. Backing off would have been a better term to use for sure. My dial was pretty conservative given my two previous runs but I learn something each time. I now know. 1-I don't like the left lane2-I don't like being chased3-I need to believe in my bike more and dial tighter4-I really want a Wally and am keeping my bike till I get one5-I have one more race day Oct6th for the inaugural Ontario NHRA championship and I want my name on that trophy. Other than that I know nothing

Comment

tools to make you lose.

wow let me get this right
                  you don't like 50% of the racing surface , don't like getting a clean tree, and don't believe in your bike?

If we ever race I'm putting you in the left lane, dialing faster than you and I"m going to really mess around with the staging. Great information because it is excellent to know your opponents triggers.

At cedar falls IA I was on a total break out against a 9 sec car... Well I hit the front brake and put the bike right on my sidewinder and slid thru the traps-yep I still broke out- let go of the lever and got it back on two tires. Track manager told me if I do that again I'm never allowed there again.

there is a one eyed guy at 2 wheel speed and I ALWAYS put him in the lane where he has to look over his nose. There is another guy that has to stage LAST... HA HA HA I ALWAYS take a nap after the burn out , and check my shifter, and waste time. then pre-stage... and wait some more. heck at our track you have 7 seconds after 3 of 4 staging lights are illuminated before the starter engages atuo start. Taught him a lesson 'cause he don't burn me down no more.

so maybe you should work on your reaction time so the dial is less signifigant. 80% of this sport is mental.

I was not there but I bet I know why you ran so fast!!! body placement or posture.. from what you said during time trials I bet you left your head and torso in the wind all the way down track-- when it really counted you got nervous then did the super tuck and slipstreamed .
                  SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Helped my friend Doug get his first Wally last night! Today we are racing to see who gets to race at Pomona for the Summit national championship. Ray.

Comment

That was fun!! Doug got me or should I say I got myself with a breakout (DOH) Tell Doug good job for me.

Comment

end of season gets exciting!

Div 3 hands out this swag when you check in at the NHRA trailer. You have to keep the red tag with you or you don't get to get on the track.

Comment

Made it to finals 3 rounds in and bike stalled at the line DQ. All real competition gone just had to make the pass. Trying to run this bike with NO support is a drag I give up

Comment

so sorry to hear , I really feel for you, I do.. one thing is true, you gotta have help with a machine like that.

I have a few street bikes for sale at the moment, I want that bike.

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                              so sorry to hear , I really feel for you, I do.. one thing is true, you gotta have help with a machine like that.

I have a few street bikes for sale at the moment, I want that bike.
                              What ya got. I continually get kicked in the chops with the help thing so I said screw it I'll do it myself and rode it back after each run and it almost worked but nobody there to restart after my burnout and I had to watch him take MY title

Comment

All you have to do is get a Paul Cashio starter & make it push button start! No more problems & no need for crew!!! I will NOT have a remote start bike for bracket racing for this reason alone!
                                Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X