Racing for a wally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't change a thing

that bike is balanced perfect as it is. What you have to do on a static timed machine is set the idle at 2500 RPM -- NO LESS-

Do Not ruin or re-engineer a Tom Klemme Championship winning motorcycle. Joe, Ed, Tom kicked ass in the IDBA days and IHRA as team JET- with that bike. The battery space will have to double and go lower. If you do change the chassis I don't want it. I'll build a different one. I just started collecting parts for a near exact replica of the bike you have- except lighter. A conversion 7/11 with trick titanium axles and other micro weight bits.

He is my dragbike mentor - he got me into this sport - Baatfam was silly to let it go in the first place. Tom is going to the NHRA National Championships for the 3rd time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '08,'10,'12 only the first sportsman racer ever to do this since NHRA started the divisional / national sportsman Title.. he won it ALL in '08 and '10 -- I hope he does it again in Nov.!!! threepeet! The midwest builders are SUPERIOR!! to ALL!

Will you consider keeping your engine and electronics - sell it as a simple roller with body and brakes?

Ok now for facts it is 1400 miles round trip which is a deal breaker - I do not have a passport another deal breaker. 2 reasons to pass? maybe so, maybe not. I can pass if I have to - but I don't want to.

I was stupid enough to drive ALL the way from Iowa to Glendale,CA for the thing I have now- not to mention 2 year losing streak trying to properly un-do and repair The L.A. approach to dragbike chassis design. Not to run them down too much but the poor saps don't have a clue. I have 15K dumped into a 3K clapper -- oh that remindes me Ray's bike is up for sale still at dragbike.com boy is that a proud asking price.

AMX if you still want out if it - I want it because it means something very improtant to me - to midwest bracket racing as well.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

finally, The trophy we have all been racing for!!

Great Lakes Dragaway -- little Wally weekend --

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY . come one come all!!! it is the end of points season!! The 2012 final point standings here in Pro bike/Snowmobile are in turmoil!! It is all coming down to a HEATED 3 way race for 2nd place!! 3rd and 4th are where the losers of this weekend will fall into line. Competition is both Saturday and Sunday , but Winner on Sunday gets the PRIZED TROPHY (even if it is small) . 1st place is out of reach and Chad Isley has it sewn up months ago. Kevin Winters - Jeff Morgan - Josh Bixler are all within 20 points going into this weekends events. Morgan - Winters are tied at 170 for 2nd place and only 20 points trailing is the youngest Bixler. The tension will be palitable in the lanes. Warriors and their Machines , Crew and supporters!! You must be there to experience the action - the glory the drama!! WILD TIMES with burn out noise and Tire smoke all around!! Live not Memorex directly from Union Grove,Wisconsin !! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !!!!!

Comment

I hope to be there to support Mr. Wizard...(Trip). Lets hope the weather holds...just stay dry...
        Curt
        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
          that bike is balanced perfect as it is. What you have to do on a static timed machine is set the idle at 2500 RPM -- NO LESS-

Do Not ruin or re-engineer a Tom Klemme Championship winning motorcycle. Joe, Ed, Tom kicked ass in the IDBA days and IHRA as team JET- with that bike. The battery space will have to double and go lower. If you do change the chassis I don't want it. I'll build a different one. I just started collecting parts for a near exact replica of the bike you have- except lighter. A conversion 7/11 with trick titanium axles and other micro weight bits.

He is my dragbike mentor - he got me into this sport - Baatfam was silly to let it go in the first place. Tom is going to the NHRA National Championships for the 3rd time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '08,'10,'12 only the first sportsman racer ever to do this since NHRA started the divisional / national sportsman Title.. he won it ALL in '08 and '10 -- I hope he does it again in Nov.!!! threepeet! The midwest builders are SUPERIOR!! to ALL!

Will you consider keeping your engine and electronics - sell it as a simple roller with body and brakes?

Ok now for facts it is 1400 miles round trip which is a deal breaker - I do not have a passport another deal breaker. 2 reasons to pass? maybe so, maybe not. I can pass if I have to - but I don't want to.

I was stupid enough to drive ALL the way from Iowa to Glendale,CA for the thing I have now- not to mention 2 year losing streak trying to properly un-do and repair The L.A. approach to dragbike chassis design. Not to run them down too much but the poor saps don't have a clue. I have 15K dumped into a 3K clapper -- oh that remindes me Ray's bike is up for sale still at dragbike.com boy is that a proud asking price.

AMX if you still want out if it - I want it because it means something very improtant to me - to midwest bracket racing as well.
          You better SPECIFY which RAY!!! That isn't MY bike you are referring to. You also need to watch your mouth about the West Coast guys because if you slider/ delay box girls had to race a .400 tree with a clutch lever you would get your A$$E$ handed to you!!! Ray.

Comment

Also, a West Coast guy won Pomona in 2010 on a STREETBIKE with no wheelie bar! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              You better SPECIFY which RAY!!! That isn't MY bike you are referring to. You also need to watch your mouth about the West Coast guys because if you slider/ delay box girls had to race a .400 tree with a clutch lever you would get your A$$E$ handed to you!!! Ray.
              yeah that guy on dragbike signed his auction "raymond"
              at that point i knew it wasn't you...haha
              i bet its raymond from dynatek....hmmm i bet i bet

Comment

Yes it is! Ray.

Comment

street bikes suck

the slider girls are coming to your neighborhood in Nov. Ray--- My buddys Bob Nugent from Div 3 and Tom Klemme from #5 .will have the delay boxes set for kill - not stun - We'll probably see you there if you go, can't miss my ugly face.

Sat I won first round and broke my crankshaft, and since you cannot change vehicles after you begin elims. I was done for the day. Kevin Winters he races a buell with slick and bar and throws a clutch lever, well his precious Harlye broke as well -he smacked a valve to piston in his front cylinder. So we were luck enough to be racing each other first round and we were both out . Best thing is I had broken the tie, and kept 2nd for myself. as the race went on the 5 and 6th guys worked up to 3 and 4 - I stayed in 2nd- for the moment.

next day I take out my stock GS1150 cut a .001 , .042 ,in TT and a .032 . dialing 14:20 in first round. (TT's 13:97 and a 14:18) Spun tire and could not cover the number. I was a first round runner up. Tom Bixler won the wally and points are not added up but I think I slipped down at the very last event. all year's proigress to slip back at the very end of the season.

flashing the traps at 99 barely 100 in 3rd gear-- stupid highway gearing.
                  I need a straight cut gear crank and a starter clutch maybe more after I take it apart.I'll get pictures soon for the hall of shame

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                    the slider girls are coming to your neighborhood in Nov. Ray--- My buddys Bob Nugent from Div 3 and Tom Klemme from #5 .will have the delay boxes set for kill - not stun - We'll probably see you there if you go, can't miss my ugly face.

Sat I won first round and broke my crankshaft, and since you cannot change vehicles after you begin elims. I was done for the day. Kevin Winters he races a buell with slick and bar and throws a clutch lever, well his precious Harlye broke as well -he smacked a valve to piston in his front cylinder. So we were luck enough to be racing each other first round and we were both out . Best thing is I had broken the tie, and kept 2nd for myself. as the race went on the 5 and 6th guys worked up to 3 and 4 - I stayed in 2nd- for the moment.

next day I take out my stock GS1150 cut a .001 , .042 ,in TT and a .032 . dialing 14:20 in first round. (TT's 13:97 and a 14:18) Spun tire and could not cover the number. I was a first round runner up. Tom Bixler won the wally and points are not added up but I think I slipped down at the very last event. all year's proigress to slip back at the very end of the season.

flashing the traps at 99 barely 100 in 3rd gear-- stupid highway gearing.
                    I need a straight cut gear crank and a starter clutch maybe more after I take it apart.I'll get pictures soon for the hall of shame
                    What you really need is a really reliable low 9 second bike for cheap and I know a guy who has one

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                      What you really need is a really reliable low 9 second bike for cheap and I know a guy who has one
                      HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ray.

Comment

Do drag racers ever use tire warmers like the roadracing crowd? Or is the burnout enough to get the tire hot for a pass?
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Burnout works and it cleans all the crap that stuck to the tire after the previous pass... And it looks CooL!!!
                          Curt

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                            Do drag racers ever use tire warmers like the roadracing crowd? Or is the burnout enough to get the tire hot for a pass?
                            The compound used in a drag slick is much different and only requires a quick burnout. The street tire guys haze the tire for 30-60 seconds but boy do they hook. I have seen a street tire bike do 1.24 60' and my best with a 7" slick and bar was 1.30

Comment

Last race of the year, ran very good on Saturday tell late in the day spun the tire. I was thinking the cold track was my issue? I returned Sunday morning with the plan more burnout. Got the tire turning good and rolled out hit the sticky part of the track broke all the bolts in the sprocket. I will say those mickey Thompson tires hook, haha

Comment

That sure sucks... Thats why I don't like to spin till it hooks deal... Its going to be a long wait till next year, but I am looking forward to it...

Comment

Working...
                                X