No announcement yet.

Why is it bikes like these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the price is right. I have that fairing, rack, trunk, and bags. I was hoping to find an affordable XS1100 and maybe use it a while and then sell it to help pay for the next GS. I've seen fully dressed XS11's like that one on CL for as little as $750 in the Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
      If the price is right. I have that fairing, rack, trunk, and bags. I was hoping to find an affordable XS1100 and maybe use it a while and then sell it to help pay for the next GS. I've seen fully dressed XS11's like that one on CL for as little as $750 in the Midwest.
      I have not seen more than a few of them, even during the years they were being manufactured. I don't think the sales went all that well. From what I read they basically added another cylinder to their 3 cylinder 750.
      Also read where the shaft drive caused torque handling problems, but still it was known as the king of the mid range roll on, and in '78/'79 most of the new superbikes coming out were 1 liters, so it had more CC.

Found this on the net and it mentions the handling problems and the heavy weight. Does best long straight runs as a tourer.
      Enjoy!
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        These are hardly new, 167,000 miles between the two.
        They run like new if that counts.
        I meant new to the buyer.

And running like new is always a good thing.

Comment

White 1992 GSX1100G $1000 runs needs carb work. Nipomo CALIFORNIA. While I don't search there, I wonder how many affordable ones are in Hawaii? I'm sure it is more than Florida.

1992 Suzuki GSX1100G - $1000 (Nipomo)

Date: 2012-09-15, 3:09PM PDT
          2g8pd-3274412926@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
          Hard to find. Shaft drive on a GSXR motor. Sport touring bike. 1100cc. Runs but needs carb work. 805.234.5311

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            Found this on the net and it mentions the handling problems and the heavy weight. Does best long straight runs as a tourer.
            Enjoy!
            http://classic-motorbikes.net/review...yamaha/xs1100/
            Thanks for the info. The more I read the more I think my instinct to find a GS/GSX is the best path.

Comment

I'm assuming you saw this one, but just in case:

It's been for sale for several weeks so maybe the guy is ready to listen to a more reasonable number.

1983 SUZUKI GS1100E.
              UNDER 23000 MILES
              BIKE IS IN NICE SHAPE PAINT IS BEAUTIFUL.
              MAINLY STOCK EXCEPT FOR EXHAUST .
              may consider partial trade and cash .motorcycle,enclosed or open trailer,dragbike parts.
              2,499 obo 813 405-8468

Comment

It's nice, but not for me. I am looking for a bargain priced shaft drive 1100. I was tempted to buy & part or sell an 1150 that's about 3 hours away but I'm not sure how profitable that would be.

Comment

Link

... are NEVER for sale in the Southeast?

$600 one owner KZ1100 standard that runs.
                  Sounds like you have been looking for several months. Are you suffering from "paralysis by analysis"?? Pick something and BUY it! LOL

Comment

Here's the $400 XS in Orlando I mentioned. Another outstanding CL ad. Still haven't heard from the seller. Do you know anything about Meadow Woods BVL? Looks like a subdivision in southern Orange County.
                    Funny thing, I was talking with this guy at work, he was looking for real estate, said he wanted to buy in "Meadow Woods" and low and behold it just south and west of the Orlando International airport.
                    But I don't see a Meadow Woods Blvd.
                    There's alot of Meadow Woods something or other in Orlando.
                    The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

The Yamaha guy emailed me and his ad now has pics, plus there were "other guys" that wanted it. The pics showed lots of missing parts. I'm not going to bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                        Sounds like you have been looking for several months. Are you suffering from "paralysis by analysis"?? Pick something and BUY it! LOL
                        Good advice in some situations, but not mine. I don't want to throw money away, so I make use of the resources of the GS Resources to look over out-of-state bikes before I leap. This has saved me a lot of money and I've found some great members here. I'm in no hurry to buy one, and I see that $600 KZ is now sold, it lasted less than 2 days.

Comment

Shopper: If anything pops up in my area that peaks your interest I'll take a look at it for you if you like. There will probably be some bargains available over the winter months.

Comment

Thanks. The current lead prospect is in Oklahoma. Keep us posted on that GK you scored.

Comment

Working...
                            X