Other Bikes I have Owned, or still do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Bikes I have Owned, or still do

1976 RD400 A Replica of the first New bike I ever bought. Fun Bike This one has a Scott Clough motor in it.

These are my first GS's a 1981 and a 1983 GS850G. Both purchased in 1987. The 1983 I bought new. The 1981 was the better bike. Picture was taken in Boundary, AK Not far from Dawson City, and on the other side of the Yukon River

1979 CBX, old Valdez town site

Another '79 CBX Taken in Eugene My neighbor owns the Vincent

'79 Wing What a crappy bike to ride Hated it

Triumph Hurricane (Vetter BSA)
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

More of them

Garage Shot from around 1987
    Norton Commando, Norton Atlas Cafe, Triumph T-160, BSA 441 Victor Special, Yamaha 650 Seca, Honda CB550 (Pure crap), T-150 Trident/Trackmaster Cafe,

Thats all I can recognize

Norton Commando, 1973, BSA650 1970, Norton Commando 1975, Royal Enfield Interceptor 1968 I still have the Nortons

Trackmaster Framed Triumph Trident

1969 Norton 750 Atlas cafe The first bile I bought with my own money

1978 RD400 It was too perfect to cafe, so I sold it

BMW R80RT The fairing was noisy and impractical. Nice bike, super bags

T-160 Trident Not as fun as earlier Tridents This one had an 850 kit and Dunstalls

Royal Enfield Interceptor 1968

1970 Lightning
    I'll post more when I find the photos
    Last edited by 850 Combat; 09-19-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Nice set of photos, looks like you did a 'bit' of dirt riding on those 850's way back when. And that can't be you standing with the Hurricane
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Nice set of photos, looks like you did a 'bit' of dirt riding on those 850's way back when. And that can't be you standing with the Hurricane
        Well, I wasn't always an old fat guy

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
          I wonder if Action Jackson's Bar is still open? That place looks awesome! Reminds me of the bars my Dad dragged me to growing up...

Comment

I don't know That was in 1987.

We also stopped in Chicken Alaska at the Chicken Bar Its all gold mining out there. Those miners are nuts.

Comment

Awesome! Wonder if either one is still around? Sounds like an good excuse for an epic ride- to find out!!

Comment

Some very, very nice bikes indeed.

What was the Interceptor like? It's the only one I haven't ridden, I don't know anyone who has and I can't even remember ever seeing one in the flesh.
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                  Some very, very nice bikes indeed.

What was the Interceptor like? It's the only one I haven't ridden, I don't know anyone who has and I can't even remember ever seeing one in the flesh.
                  Slow No brakes Surprisingly comfortable, with real decent handling for its time. Way way better than say, the BSA. They had a cast crank, which was heavy and well balanced. By far the smoothest vertical twin I ever owned. It was almost like home made compared to a Norton, Triumph, or BSA. It gave me no problems except for blowing oil when ridden a little bit hard. The Albion gearbox is terrible. It needed that neutral pedal. It would shift OK if you were slow and deliberate about it ONLY. Get in a hurry, and it became two tries per shift.

It was really pretty and really fun. Sorry that its gone

The Lightning was pretty, but in the twenty years that I owned it most of the time I was on it I wanted to get off. Very little fun on the BSA twin

Comment

Lots of interesting bikes, mostley about the era I'm from at a time when bikes were a cheaper form of transport and were the only way we got about, these days bikes tend to be relagated to hobby and fun riding. Thanks for sharing.
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post

'79 Wing What a crappy bike to ride Hated it
                      I remember you made a similar comment on that Wing a while back.

I very nearly bought one just a few years ago, pretty much identical, in really remarkable condition. Nicer seat, maybe -- custom upholstered to a really conservative tufted flat profile, like the original GS850's. I've always loved the look of the naked '78 or '79 -- truly sinister. The seller and I were only maybe a hundred bucks apart.

I still sort of regret not buying it. It's likely I would have hated it, but I think I probably should have found out for sure, first-hand.
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                        I remember you made a similar comment on that Wing a while back.

I very nearly bought one just a few years ago, pretty much identical, in really remarkable condition. Nicer seat, maybe -- custom upholstered to a really conservative tufted flat profile, like the original GS850's. I've always loved the look of the naked '78 or '79 -- truly sinister. The seller and I were only maybe a hundred bucks apart.

I still sort of regret not buying it. It's likely I would have hated it, but I think I probably should have found out for sure, first-hand.
                        It aint no 1000G, Robert. It is less comfortable, much slower, and handles much worse.

At least its harder to work on.

You can't put a tank bag on it either, because the gauge pod is on the tank. Laughable.

Anybody who says that they handle, hasn't ridden one, or hsn;t ridden anything that does.
                        Last edited by 850 Combat; 09-26-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

dang man you got some sweet bikes! RD400 is my dream bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X