Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this speedo/tac off of?? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this speedo/tac off of?? Please help!

Hello everyone. This came off of my 1980 GS1000. As to why it was on there, I have no idea. Anyways I would like to sell it, but it would help if I knew what to list it as. Thank you!!

Can you name this part??

Originally posted by mydogiskooll View Post
    Hello everyone. This came off of my 1980 GS1000. As to why it was on there, I have no idea. Anyways I would like to sell it, but it would help if I knew what to list it as. Thank you!!

Can you name this part??
    Well it has a 85 speedo, so we know it is an 80-81 something.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. The tachometer does not have a cable slot on the back but still accurately displays RPM's (maybe through ignition pulses through the wiring harness?)

Comment

I was originally thinking Honda, but they look an awful lot like these:

'83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

and another look at something similar:

'83 GS650G

Comment

Looks like we have a winner...
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Wow I would have never guessed it came of a Yamaha 750. Anyways thanks a ton!

Comment

No problem. Fastest Google fingers in the west, right here. Knowing it was from an 80-81 helped tremendously.
                '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  No problem. Fastest Google fingers in the west, right here. Knowing it was from an 80-81 helped tremendously.

Lol, glad I could assist.
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Why do speedo's from 80-81 max out at 85? Any reason besides to promote you to drive slower? Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by mydogiskooll View Post
                      Why do speedo's from 80-81 max out at 85? Any reason besides to promote you to drive slower? Just wondering
                      Federal law back then, didn't work so they repealed it.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

I remember how popular those speedos where when they came out; not very....

(Back then Montana had no speed limit, if I remember correctly.)

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                        X