Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a carb rebuild kit/ jetting kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find a carb rebuild kit/ jetting kit??

The title says it all because I've been looking for awhile now so I can get my bike on the road again and the carbs are the only thing in my way, granted I am new to carbs so I am learning

You usually will not find an all-in-one rebuild/jet kit. They're exclusive to one another. The rebuild kits come with the stock size jets and needle(s). You then have to purchase the separate jetting kit to adjust from stock to stage I,II, or III, based on what your doing to the bike (aftermarket exhaust, upgraded air filter, etc.)

If you have the manual for your bike, I say find out what carb/carbs you have, and get the genuine suzuki rebuild kits for them. Then get those carbs rebuilt and tuned in before you look into re-jetting. It's a rat-race to re-jet before a tune. I should know. lol

Good luck! BTW, where in Md are you from? I moved from Md, born/raised in the Westminster/Owings Mills area.

Comment

You don't need a carb rebuild kit. Since I don't see your bike listed on his site, sent Robertbarr a PM or go to his site (www.cycleorings.com) to see if he carries them. Otherwise, follow the procedures on Basscliff's site to clean them.
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by XXWoodmanXX View Post
        You usually will not find an all-in-one rebuild/jet kit. They're exclusive to one another. The rebuild kits come with the stock size jets and needle(s). You then have to purchase the separate jetting kit to adjust from stock to stage I,II, or III, based on what your doing to the bike (aftermarket exhaust, upgraded air filter, etc.)

If you have the manual for your bike, I say find out what carb/carbs you have, and get the genuine suzuki rebuild kits for them. Then get those carbs rebuilt and tuned in before you look into re-jetting. It's a rat-race to re-jet before a tune. I should know. lol

Good luck! BTW, where in Md are you from? I moved from Md, born/raised in the Westminster/Owings Mills area.
        Well I can't even seem to find a genuine Suzuki rebuild kit for my bike or a jetting kit which is why I posted asking if anyone knows where to find these items. Im just doing pods so I know I'll need at least stage two jetting from what I've read.

I'm from Western Howard County area so not too far away.

Comment

Ok then. Do you know what style carbs you have? Are they BS30's (CV style)? Knowing that would be a huge help. Or, if you can post a pic of them?

I was able to find a vendor on Ebay that had the rebuild kits for my BS32's @ $23 ea. with free shipping. That's around the avg going price for them, and that (usually)includes everything except for the fuel inlet "T" O-rings and the choke assemblies.

Comment

I know that they are the BS30SS twin which I cant seem to find a rebuild kit anywhere for or much information on either other than on Basscliffs website.

Comment

Working...
            X