Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now we're on page 5....

Comment

Wow guys! This was never my original intention. This is a bit too hot for most to absorb. I would plead for cooler heads to prevail, or everyone take a time out or something. Its getting to the point where bridges are in flames and that's never any good. For me to delete or request this thread to be deleted is not the answer. And as one could guess I'm not putting any dog in this fight. Step back and realize its just a set of carbs in amongst thousands of sets.

Nothing to get this worked up over.

Here's a 1/6 Super Glide and a Katana.
      Last edited by 6pkrunner; 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM.
      1983 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Shwartz View Post

Seems like the OP just pulled your trigger, but the gun was caulked and ready to fire.
        If you caulked a gun would you really want to fire it?
        Sounds dangerous.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The carbs look good to me. It goes without saying that the chromated parts will shed their paint eventually. My OEM painted ones have done the same thing so its no big deal.

Comment

GS1150 carbs are often painted at the factory.

Glance at the pics in this ebay auction:

2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
            1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
            2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
            s)

Comment

Sounds like.. Haha. Chuck, They are painted from the factory, Choke rod and all.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Anyone remember how HST's dog would attack the balls when Hunter said 'Nixon' ? Well Chuck attacks when you say 'Ultrasonic'.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  I would say AFTER...and to add a more "classy touch" I think I would have painted the bodies and mounting brackets only. Polished up the screws and left at least some kind of break up and contrast the the entire thing. Return spring, idle knobs, cable mountings, and all that shouldnt have been painted..of course unless this is what the customer specified. In my opinion that fully blacked out batman crap looks cheap and tacky. But thats just my honest opinion of them. If the dude likes them then kudos to him.
                  He apparently does, he stated it quite plainly; your lack of manners is appalling.
                  Last edited by Mysuzyq; 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

What I don't get is how can anyone possibly care how someone else paints another person's carburetors?

Comment

Yesterday, 05:48 PM
                      quexpress

GS1150 carbs are often painted at the factory.

Glance at the pics in this ebay auction:

From the other post above...I went and looked at those Ebay pics and used 150% magnification and you really wanna pass those off as an OEM paint job?? Ok so lets see here.. The spray paint is peeling off the gang rails revealing the zinc plating underneath, same thing is going on with the screws, the springs for the buterfly syncing screws ARENT painted over, the fuel tube ARENT painted over, the bowl drains ARENT painted over, and i can go on and on but whats the use!! You guys are gonna put on the rose colored glasses and deny the stink right in front of your own eyes anyways. Now I will be back to repost a PM that Mike sent me and you all ( unbiasedly and honestly to yourselves ) see if this seems like what someone quoted that the OP seems satisfied. Stand by because I dont come up in here and spout unbacked stuff around like some of you all do. AND Paul will be recieving an email with a little jagged pill he isnt gonna like if he has enough stones to read it all. And i welcome him to make all the phone calls he want when I am done to verify that I am for real. Wanna stir up the rattlesnake...HELLL YEAH, lets play!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-12-2012, 01:44 AM.
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I promised I wouldnt post the other ones here on the forum and I will honor that pledge to Mike, but heres one in the series we have had back and forth. If I was Mike and "seemed to be pleased" as someone used a snippet from a post...I sure wouldnt be having PMs discussing 'whats wrong"!!!

Yesterday, 03:25 PM
                        6pkrunner

Re: Gonna get ****ty
                        There's always a few. "I'm right and no matter what the facts say - they're wrong".
                        You cannot deal with that kind of mentality, no matter what you do. The ears and eyes are closed to all but what they think.
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Where's my popcorn??

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            I promised I wouldnt post the other ones here on the forum and I will honor that pledge to Mike, but heres one in the series we have had back and forth. If I was Mike and "seemed to be pleased" as someone used a snippet from a post...I sure wouldnt be having PMs discussing 'whats wrong"!!!
                            Chuck, you are a jerk... Period.

Comment

MR Jackson... send me your email and I will send you the "behind the scenes" truth and THEN you may wish to reconsider that statement..anyone else interested send me you emails and I will send you the evidence too. But I promised I WOULD NOT do it using the forum and I can ONLY do it via a private email...that was my deal and I gotta stick to that agreement.

Comment

I am checking my PM box but no taker?? JJ? anyone? You wanna call me names but dont want me to attach and forward the email?? Oh come on nguys...I wanna play!!!! LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X