Gofast Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning/Rebuilding Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
    Since these aren't the correct carbs for that bike anyway, obsessing over the accuracy of the finish seems a tad pointless, no?
    Well I guess I've gotta get in here. No the BS36 carbs are not correct for that bike. However, I would like a set as close to factory finish and looks as possible. A set of BS36 Mikunis on an 1100 look like a stock set of 34s to most eyeballs that will view them. Ya gotta get up close to notice. The pipes are from an 1150, but they carry the factory look. The hue of red on the body is incorrect also. This bike isn't a restoration, but a slight update on a GS. I would like 95% of the people to walk right past it and not notice anything odd, but the GS buffs can have at it and laugh all they want. I've got a '69 Charger R/T I use as a daily driver in the summer and has lots of mods from stock (ignore the Landyesque Cragar S/S, I've got a set of 14 inch stockers in the corner)- but will fool a lot of observers - some who owned them new. So for me I want them to look as the factory delivered them regardless of 34 or 36mm throat size. That's my side. I would rather not have bling - just stock lookers.

The other is, with all this flak flying that was never my intent, is the old put up or shut up. I have asked Chuck to do me up a set and the two sets will be photographed and compared for all to see. As I see it, this is the best solution to a pretty much incendiary topic.

I showed Paul's as I received them. The pictures are there for all to view. If you would like more - no problem. I'm sure Paul wouldn't mind. Anyone who wants to find either fault or props is welcome to do so - but please do so through a PM to me and no more hand grenade tossing on the board.

If anyone else can come up with something better to end this - let me know.

I've set my parameters for my bike to be the way I would like it. While not stock or restored, the factory feel is there. I've got a nicely ported 1100 head with the 27mm 1150 intakes (the 1150 head looks nothing like the 1100 head, so the benefit of a better head was canned), hopefully 223 cams, Wiseco K1168 pistons, and the stock airbox and pipes. There will be a stock 1150 oil cooler using all stock parts - factory for an 1100 - nope but factory looking. An aftermarket top end oiler kit will ruin the stock look, but in this case its function over form. But being anal over losing horsepressure by the stock airbox and 1150 pipes doesn't bug me as long as the look is there. So the carbs fall under that criteria.

End of all of this for me.
    Last edited by 6pkrunner; 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM.
    1983 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
      Long title - great service. The board's own nastyjones (AKA Paul Jones) set me up with a set of rebuilt GS1150 BS36 Mikunis. Carbs were disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, painted and baked, reassembled with new O-rings and shipped. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Well I guess I've gotta get in here. No the BS36 carbs are not correct for that bike. However, I would like a set as close to factory finish and looks as possible. A set of BS36 Mikunis on an 1100 look like a stock set of 34s to most eyeballs that will view them. Ya gotta get up close to notice. The pipes are from an 1150, but they carry the factory look. The hue of red on the body is incorrect also. This bike isn't a restoration, but a slight update on a GS. I would like 95% of the people to walk right past it and not notice anything odd, but the GS buffs can have at it and laugh all they want. I've got a '69 Charger R/T I use as a daily driver in the summer and has lots of mods from stock (ignore the Landyesque Cragar S/S, I've got a set of 14 inch stockers in the corner)- but will fool a lot of observers - some who owned them new. So for me I want them to look as the factory delivered them regardless of 34 or 36mm throat size. That's my side. I would rather not have bling - just stock lookers.

The other is, with all this flak flying that was never my intent, is the old put up or shut up. I have asked Chuck to do me up a set and the two sets will be photographed and compared for all to see. As I see it, this is the best solution to a pretty much incendiary topic.

I showed Paul's as I received them. The pictures are there for all to view. If you would like more - no problem. I'm sure Paul wouldn't mind. Anyone who wants to find either fault or props is welcome to do so - but please do so through a PM to me and no more hand grenade tossing on the board.

If anyone else can come up with something better to end this - let me know.

I've set my parameters for my bike to be the way I would like it. While not stock or restored, the factory feel is there. I've got a nicely ported 1100 head with the 27mm 1150 intakes (the 1150 head looks nothing like the 1100 head, so the benefit of a better head was canned), hopefully 223 cams, Wiseco K1168 pistons, and the stock airbox and pipes. There will be a stock 1150 oil cooler using all stock parts - factory for an 1100 - nope but factory looking. An aftermarket top end oiler kit will ruin the stock look, but in this case its function over form. But being anal over losing horsepressure by the stock airbox and 1150 pipes doesn't bug me as long as the look is there. So the carbs fall under that criteria.

End of all of this for me.
      At least with Chuck we know which side he's on… When we can understand him.

Are you happy with these carbs or are you not?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Tom...I am ALWAYS on the side of truth, honestly , and personal integrity and I back eevryone that conducts themselve accordingly.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          Tom...I am ALWAYS on the side of truth, honestly , and personal integrity and I back eevryone that conducts themselve accordingly.
          Like I said, we know where you are at when we can understand you…

6pkrunner, I have no idea what this thread is about.
          You either like the work done or you do not?
          Why not just say so either way?

If you paid $50 or $100 to have it done it looks fine…
          If you paid $1000 for the work I would expect more.

WTF?

What a stupid thread.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Tom...go to nastyjones add in the SERVICES section and read all about it..

Nasty Racing Carb Cleaning Service
            (We’re the experts)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

oops.....sorry, I was looking for the toaster oven thread.

Comment

Touche Vmass...stop now my ribs ache from laughing.

Comment

I have asked Chuck to do me up a set and the two sets will be photographed and compared for all to see. As I see it, this is the best solution to a pretty much incendiary topic.

I've set my parameters for my bike to be the way I would like it.
                  Agreed, it is your bike, do what you will, with it. I'm also running later model 36mm GSXR-style carbs on my 1100E, and they are a definite performance upgrade, non-stock looks be damned.
                  As to the thread, just a couple observations, if I may. One initially got the impression you were satisfied with the services rendered, from posts & pics in two separate threads....now there are some hints being dropped, that that might not be the case. The usual course of action (on the forum), to address any dissatisfaction with purchases etc., is to take it up with the member privately, and attempt to resolve the issue. Most members would appreciate that chance to make things right, rather than have Open Season declared by some oaf who might have done things differently.
                  If another set of carbs do turn out 'better', keep in mind the fact that all the other variables (cost, time, etc.) will have been set aside. One can provide a set of carbs at what might be a loss, all things considered, but if that level of quality/detail can be offered day in & day out at that price point or better, I'm sure there would be no dearth of business on the forum, for that provider.
                  Last edited by Mysuzyq; 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

You know I was going to pull up my deer and popcorn pic but then realized this thread isn't worth it....
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Mike said it was the end of all this for him. I think that is the perfect note for all of us to put and end it as well.
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                        Mike said it was the end of all this for him. I think that is the perfect note for all of us to put and end it as well.
                        I agree
                        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

My LAST post and LAST observation...

Nastys join date is 2004 with 990+ posts...

My join date is 2009 with well over 11,000 posts.

This got me to thinking about something here. Just how many folks cruise around for the sake of finding a place to drum up some cash based on some "40+ experience" as openly stated in his service add..or the guys that are here with THOUSANDS of posts in EVERY tech thread because they are simply passionate beyond anything else more than the GS series of bikes AND helping that new rider to the GS bikes understand them, service them, and get years of great riding out of them? Wasnt that the purpose of this forum being created...the bikes???

Well to the guys that are here for the later, and we see their huge post counts that back it up, I say that I admire and love each and every one of you with a respect thats beyond reproach. As to the cash trollers and that like i say this...theres a special place right behind a horse with chronic diarhea for your guys!!!!!

Peace...I am out of this now!!!!!
                          Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            My LAST post and LAST observation...

Nastys join date is 2004 with 990+ posts...

My join date is 2009 with well over 11,000 posts.

This got me to thinking about something here. Just how many folks cruise around for the sake of finding a place to drum up some cash based on some "40+ experience" as openly stated in his service add..or the guys that are here with THOUSANDS of posts in EVERY tech thread because they are simply passionate beyond anything else more than the GS series of bikes AND helping that new rider to the GS bikes understand them, service them, and get years of great riding out of them? Wasnt that the purpose of this forum being created...the bikes???

Well to the guys that are here for the later, and we see their huge post counts that back it up, I say that I admire and love each and every one of you with a respect thats beyond reproach. As to the cash trollers and that like i say this...theres a special place right behind a horse with chronic diarhea for your guys!!!!!

Peace...I am out of this now!!!!!
                            On that note, I just bumped my post count...+1.

Geez Louise.

Comment

Right back

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                                Chuck, there's NO WAY you can justify exploding and badmouthing anyone's work in this part of the forum. The OP was thanking a guy for doing good work on his carbs, and you go off saying how bad his work is. If it isn't your carbs, then keep your yap closed.
                                The "Wrath of Hahn!"
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                sigpic
                                Steve
                                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                                X