New regulator what is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New regulator what is the best?

I have reason to believe my rectifier/regulator may be going bad. At the end of this season I took the battery out and found the fluid about 3/4 inch low in all cells. I also have had problems with headlights burning out the low beam. I will do all the checks and clean all the connections before I go and buy anything but I am wondering what a good regulator would be for my 81' GS450 L.

Thanks!

Hi,

The "best" would be a Compufire unit. But they are pricey.

Perhaps you missed your "mega-welcome". Please read my website, particularly the electrical section, for more information and options.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ok, Thanks. How do I know which compufire unit that I need for my 450?

Maybe a dumb question, but do I need their stator to use their 3 phase regulator? What is different about the voltage regulators that are about 100 dollars from them?
      Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

A few options in this thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=134690

Comment

Any stator that works in your 450 will work with the Compufire, and you'll want the 55402 model btw. I was burning up stators left and right on my 550 and the Compufire fixed that, it's a miracle product.

It puts out a constant 14.5v no matter the RPM which is amazing, no over or under charging. Plus it should keep the stator from overheating ever again. Totally worth it if you wanna shell out the money.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Hi,

As this is one of those topics that has been discussed ad nauseum, you might try the Search feature of the forum. How do you use the Search feature? Try this (from my website): How To Search The GSR Forum

Or, since I've already searched for you, just click on this thread link: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=161397

Have you read anything on my website or any of the links in your "mega-welcome" yet?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
              Any stator that works in your 450 will work with the Compufire, and you'll want the 55402 model btw. I was burning up stators left and right on my 550 and the Compufire fixed that, it's a miracle product.

It puts out a constant 14.5v no matter the RPM which is amazing, no over or under charging. Plus it should keep the stator from overheating ever again. Totally worth it if you wanna shell out the money.
              Thanks Toasty. I am thinking that's what I'll do. Now I just have to figure out how I'm gonna fit it somewhere...

Comment

Working...
              X