Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

45 degrees this morning (about 20-25 degrees above normal).
    Rode bike to restraunt to have breakfast with some friends (not riders).

While there, a group of folks come in that I thought I recognized, one big guy has a sweatshirt with big letters "Got Harley?".

I was trying to think of a good responce to that question, and I was trying to remember where I recognized these folk from, that guy in particular.

Some responce I thought of was
    - "No, don't have a Harley, but do have more than a sweatshirt here this morning."

- "Will I see more than a Harley sweatshirt here today?"

Then I remembered where I have seen these folks before. About 3 or 4 times in recent years wife and I rode to the <unspecified> club here in town for a "open to public" breakfast or fish dinner. If you dont know, This is a private service club, with clubs all over in most every city in the country. The one here in town also has a <unspecified> Rider club associated with it.
    And each time we parked bike (I think one time we each rode, so could say parked bikes) and walked in past other folks in thier <unspecified> Rider patch vests and such. Sometime I would say Hi and get no responce or maybe just barley a nod. ANyway, we would go there, wait in line, sit, order, wait and eat, and leave, and all that time, not one of the Riders that were there (identifyable by vest or tshirt or such) would even say hello. Other folks, general club members, that we happened to know would stop bye to chat. Other folks that were there were friendly. But any of the Riders would look right thru us, not respond to a greeting, even when it was obvious that we came on the bike(s).
    On 4th occassion (I really liked the perch dinner) I took a better look, yep, all H-Ds, not even a one V-Star, not a one Shadow, all H-D.

Ew, after remembering that, I wanted to say something even more.
    But didn't.

Did go out and take the long way home, actaully didnt go home, went elsewhere for a ride.

GOt home in about 2 hours.

more pics posted here
    This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Was 50 by time got home, and bike grimey cause roads were a bit wet in early part of the morning.

Last edited by Redman; 12-25-2013, 09:34 AM. Reason: Feb 2013 removed specific club name. Is a common service club / provate bar. Dec2013 found another to remove.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Before we start HD bashing in all fairness I would like to start by saying ****ty bikes belong with ****ty people. HD purely simply sucks the bone.

Saying something to a fool will not change the fact that they are beyond reason and merely lemmings. But where a cliff when you need one?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post

Saying something to a fool will not change the fact that they are beyond reason and merely lemmings. But where a cliff when you need one?
      Excellent line.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

[QUOTE=JEEPRUSTY;1798309]Before we start HD bashing .........../QUOTE]

Not intending to Harley bash.
        Was not commenting on the bike, but I was telling of my expereince with this group of people.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry Redman I should have used a smiley.
          I was making a joke.
          Contrasting the opening line with what followed is some sort of comedic technique bu I forget the correct term for it.

Comment

don't worry, i'll be glad to harley bash for ya.

much better t'shirt - "got gsx-r?"

or- " get a real bike PVSSY "
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I saw a "I'd rather push a Harley that ride a Honda" sticker on a Toyota.
              Lemming is giving them too much credit.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                Sorry Redman ......
                No problem, no argument at all.

Comment

There is a general attitude with most HD riders I come across, I don't understand why they, for the most part, do not want to be sociable with riders of other than HD machines, just my observation if I'm ridin my Zook or Beemer.

One more thing, I will not ride a bike that is designed to shake itself in to a bunch of spare parts going down the road in close formation.

Just Sayin

Comment

Harleys suck!
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

I hang at a bar where 99% are Harley riders.
                      Now this reference not including most color wearing bikers.
                      The guys who have been riding all their lives are pretty sociable and have some great stories and willing to help any riding brother out.
                      The ones who bought the bikes to try and be what the others are just don't understand why we really ride and just bought what they ride to try and be what the image is to them.
                      Though we all ride for our own reasons I would imagine most on this forum ride for the feeling we get from it and not for a image we imagine.
                      Let them be jerks, I will still try and help when one is sitting on the side of the road.

Probably heard before but...
                      Here is a couple of jokes for all.
                      # 1 Why do bikers smile while going down the road?
                      Protein

# 2 Why do bikers dig fat chicks?
                      Traction

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                        Harleys suck!
                        There actually is nothing wrong with a Harley. The problem is the concentrations of socially maladjusted humanoid aberrations that can be observed riding them.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                          There actually is nothing wrong with a Harley. The problem is the concentrations of socially maladjusted humanoid aberrations that can be observed riding them.

I wouldnt know, I dont ride with Harley owners. Heh, kidding. There are all types of bikes within our little riding click.

And yes Earl, I know exaclty the type you're referring to. I dont give em a second thought.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

They're 1% ers. 1% are sociable to other bikes.

1978 GS1000C
                            1979 GS1000E
                            1980 GS1000E
                            2004 Roadstar

Comment

Let me start by saying I like them all,and most folks I know ride them all.Maybe a few exceptions.maybe this sould be in a different thred but here we go. Do you know the difference between a Hover Vac and a Harly? Come on now !!! We all know that it is the posision of the DIRT BAG. I heard that joke a lot of years back and I'm still laughing.
                              81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X