Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about said something to "Got Harley" guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand what people have against lemmings.
    Anyway, those are not real lemmings. They're disney lemmings. A ficticous fanciful ideal creation. Like pirates of the Caribbean or Michigan..

Comment

I hate getting caught in the rain on any of my bikes, just messes them up really bad and takes forever to get them back clean again. Of course, not to mention the danger from the fools in the cars who don't slow down on the wet streets. I like to ride with anybody on 2 wheels, the make and model doesn't matter. Bikes are bikes and bikers are bikers, regardless of what they are riding, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Harley tried to trademark the exhaust note of their bikes back in the 80's. Was more or less an effort to put the skids on Jap V-Twins coming out that time. Didn't work.

I agree with Steve and his comments, it's not what you ride but who rides it. I've had more Harley riders stop to ask me if I needed help then any other rider out there. Most are everyday riders like us, then you have the "others". I've had the older Harley riders come up to my 750 and say wow I had one like that!. Other Jap riders or who ever most times just turn up their nose to an older bike cuz it doesn't have all the bells, whistles and or go fast goodies. Who cares. I ride what I ride and don't carry an attitude when I do ride, unless yer a cager LMAO. Anyways. what matters is is that you ride.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          Didn't work.
          Yeah it did, sorta. It's why Honda changed from a single pin crank on their Shadow Aero from 1999 to 2000. Same bike, but didnt sound the same.

That was then and this is now. I really dont think Harley cares one way or the other anymore. That, or they dont feel like it's worth the trouble anymore cause the new(er) Yamaha Roadstar sure sounds just like a HD twin.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

If you wanna **** off a Harley rider, just kickstart your bike, by hand, once....then ride off.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-18-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
              If you wanna **** off a Harley rider, just kickstart your bike, by hand, once....then ride off.

With one or two fingers.

If you don't have a kick start, start you bike with a flick of the fingernail on the button. Same effect.

Usually it makes them say something about Jap Crap and getting a real bike as you ride away.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Usually it makes them say something about Jap Crap and getting a real bike as you ride away.
                QUote that I recall recieving:

"Sounds like my grandma's sewing machine."

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Some guy last year was telling me I should have bought a Harley because my BMW only had about 80,000 miles on it. WTF?? I told him, "Sorry I don't like riding slow all that much."

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankthat View Post
                    The guys who have been riding all their lives are pretty sociable and have some great stories and willing to help any riding brother out.
                    That's what I've noticed, too.

Some go off cliffs, though, 'cause they don't make the turn (the adventurous ones!). The large groups of "lemmings" usually stay on the straight roads....

Incident Number: 12900641 Incident Date/Time: 7/6/2012 9:36:00 AM
                    MSP District: 2900 Incident Contact: MN STATE PATROL DISTRICT 2900 - (218) 846-8260
                    Number of Individuals: 1
                    Number of Vehicles: 1

Milepost: 97 Road Condition: DRY
                    County: DOUGLAS Number of Lanes: 4
                    Crash Type: RAN OFF ROAD Divided/Undivided: DIVIDED ROADWAY
                    Incident Classification: PERSONAL INJURY Hazardous Material: NOT PRESENT

Assisting Agencies:

Person 1: DALLMAN, KENNETH L , 66 , OF EXCELSIOR MN , DRIVER OF VEH 1 , Phys. Cond. : INJURY - NON LIFE THREATENING

Vehicle 1:
                    2005 HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADSTER

IncidentDescription: V#1 ENTERED THE LATOKA REST AREA AND DROVE THROUGH THE SEMI PARKING AREA ATTEMPTING TO EXIT BACK ONTO THE INTERSTATE. MISSED A CURVE, LAYING THE BIKE ON ITS SIDE. DRIVER TRANSPORTED BY NORTH MEMORIAL AMBULANCE.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Not a Harley, but while parking in an area on my college where there were a load of cycles, a kid on a Ducati was talking to me about the 450L. I thought the kid was going to be stuck up, because of his new bike, but was actually really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                        That's what I've noticed, too.

Some go off cliffs, though, 'cause they don't make the turn (the adventurous ones!). The large groups of "lemmings" usually stay on the straight roads....
                        The adventurous ones learn to ride, the rest stay off my back roads where I encounter very little traffic as they need to be seen.
                        That's fine with me as not many places to pass a gaggle of harleys on the roads I like to ride.

Comment

When one person snubs another, it does no good for the person being snubbed to be offended. None at all. Visibly showing offense only gratifies the snubber, which is his goal. Ignore him.
                          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

There's real bikers(1%), motorcyclists who actually work on and build their own bikes, and there's harley posers. What gets me the most is new harley riders and some lookalike harley riders who wear the costume. Cut-off vest patches d-rags... They are pretty much playing dress-up to look like the real 1%er. The 1%ers are pretty solid people, but you would want to stay out of their way.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfarm View Post
                              Stopped to fuel up yesterday. A Harley guy walks over wearing an Outlaws t-shirt and claimed to be a member. He was both curious and complementary about the 1100.

We walked over to his bike briefly, then he said let's go back to yours, I've seen mine enough times. A pleasant 15 minute chat.
                              I've had several HD's pull up to me at stop lights and start conversations with me.

On the other hand I've been snubbed by at least twice as many.

Comment

Funny, sounds like a large number of you all would "snub" or label me when riding my Super Glide, even though it's a 1985 and I've turned virtually every nut and bolt on it, simply because it's an HD, but you would communicate with me on my wifes GS. Hmmm.
                                If I saw you on the side of the road I'd stop regardless of what you are riding. It's what I do. I would like to think everyone would but I've seen that's not the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X