RIP Tom Murphy, aka TomMLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Tom Murphy, aka TomMLC

Tom passed away peacefully with all his family around him this morning, January 19, 2012, after a long strong fight against pancreatic cancer. RIP Mr. Murphy, my dear friend.

Thanks for everything, Tom. I love you so much. You were a good friend. Even if you didn't know it you helped me so much, not just bikes, but in life as well. I wish I had known you for 15 years like some of your old friends from work. You were something very special to us all and we will miss you very much. Until we meet again, Love you big guy. -Bob

Comment

So sorry, It must be so hard for all who knew him and those of us who didn't, condolences to Tom's family and friends he had lots.
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Very sad to hear this...... my sincerest condelences to Tom's family and friends.

Comment

Tom was inspiring the way he stayed positive and upbeat during his long struggle. He fought the Beast hard and well. RIP Tom, tell Dave and Tina hello from the GSR family. Scott
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Rest in peace, Tom.
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              Tom was inspiring the way he stayed positive and upbeat during his long struggle. He fought the Beast hard and well. RIP Tom, tell Dave and Tina hello from the GSR family. Scott
              He was very courageous, fought long and hard and managed to keep the faith till the end, died with dignity.
              Now, I'm just saddened beyond words,
              "The road goes on forever!"
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

RIP Tom. You were one of the good ones!! My condolences to Tom's family & friends. I was lucky enough to meet him at the Julian camping trip a few years ago & he was a good man! My heart is heavy. Ray.

Comment

Tom, you were an inspiration whether you were restoring a bike, running a rally or taking on a deadly disease

You will be missed

May your tires stay true
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this and my sincerest condolences to his loved ones.
                    Willie
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

A very sad day for Tom's family, and his family here as well. RIP Tom.

Comment

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. He will always occupy space here on this board.

Comment

Sad news,sorry I never met him.Rest in Peace.

1978 GS1000C
                          1979 GS1000E
                          1980 GS1000E
                          2004 Roadstar

Comment

I never meet him either ,now I never will.He got sick just after I joined so that thread has been a constant reminder here.Our condolences to his family.

Comment

Tom is a friend I never got to spend enough time with. I met him too late and we lived too far apart. I first met him as I was arriving for the Suzuki rally at Yosemite. A few miles before the campsite I caught up to him traffic and saw his "TOM MLC" license plate for the first time. It was a hot day, traffic was heavy and after two long days in the saddle I was tired. Never having been to Yosemite before and not really knowing where I was going it was a relief to see someone who did. When I pulled up to the park gate beside him the pavement was a little uneven and my bike heavy with gear. It looked like I was going to topple over and Tom just calmly reached out and with slight nudge made sure that wasn't going to happen. I discovered later these 2 things that happened in the first 10 minutes of meeting Tom is what he was all about. Being a leader and giving a helping hand when needed. We met again at the Mt. Shasta rally where he proved again that this was who he is. Godspeed my friend, you made a difference here and will be missed by many.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                              X