Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb Rebuild Kits (K&L) - Are they really bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used several of tha brake kits with no issues. Never used any carb parts.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Thanks Richard, but I like the idea of stainless ...... I've seen that supplier before, but always wondered why they would call their company Serious Con Inc....

Comment

Well you could always get the old one machined down and hard chromed to the correct dimensions. Anyone who refurbs forks should be able to do it.

Greetings
        Richard
        sigpic
        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Thanks Richard, but I like the idea of stainless ...... I've seen that supplier before, but always wondered why they would call their company Serious Con Inc....
          Sirius, as in the dog star, the biggest star in the constellation Canis Major and the brightest star in earths sky.

Yes, I'm serious.

Also that company, Sirius Consolidated Inc, has been stellar in service, prices and shipping every time I have used them.

Comment

that sound great, I might just get the blacksmith to cut in the recess with a lathe and stick with boots....it will only cost a few pounds to do

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              that sound great, I might just get the blacksmith to cut in the recess with a lathe and stick with boots....it will only cost a few pounds to do
              you have a local blacksmith? maybe you could get your horse re shoed while you are there haha
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                you have a local blacksmith? maybe you could get your horse re shoed while you are there haha
                no silly, we have a farrier for that!

Comment

Glad I saw this post today. I had purchased the K & L kits for my GS850GLZ. I wouldn't have thought to compare to my originals, but man what a difference. I will use the plug and gasket, but I'm sticking with my original metal parts. At least I had the sense to order o-rings from Robert.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Really that bad, huh?

Almost everything in my bank of VM carbs is out of the K&L kit. The fuel mixture screws are all the Z1 replacements. This might explain a few things.

Comment

OK OK OK - I get it - this is a carb rebuild passage bung after one winter:

Nah - they are just not worth it.

I stand corrected - again.

Greetings
                      Richard
                      sigpic
                      GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                      GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                      GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                      GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                      Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                      Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
                      X