No announcement yet.

89 GSXR front end with 18" wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for correcting me Greg. I bow so your superior intellect. I stand corrected.
    Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]61404[/ATTACH]

Still have much to do, finish brakes & fender mount, new chain & sprockets etc, etc, etc.
      This be a long thread! I've been stuck in Lodi, again, too...in my mind. You might remind us in a signature that this is an '83 11E(S). I rather like the way it looks above, disguised as an E, rather than an ES.

That's a very attractive swing arm - looks slightly sturdy! Did you weld/build it yourself? If not, where is it native to?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        This be a long thread! I've been stuck in Lodi, again, too...in my mind. You might remind us in a signature that this is an '83 11E(S). I rather like the way it looks above, disguised as an E, rather than an ES.

That's a very attractive swing arm - looks slightly sturdy! Did you weld/build it yourself? If not, where is it native to?
        Thanks Rob. While putting it back together last week, I did pause to look at it in it's "semi-naked" form, & I was attracted to it.

The swing arm is an "off the shelf" item from Metmachex in England. https://www.metmachexswingarms.co.uk/

Back in the middle of the '90s, I placed an order with Dennis Kirk & Metmachex on the same day. My swingarm from England arrived prior to the DK order!

Be safe everybody
        Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
        Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
          Thanks Rob. While putting it back together last week, I did pause to look at it in it's "semi-naked" form, & I was attracted to it.
          The only issue I have with the fairing is, on first glance it reminds me of the GS700 Regan-tariff bike. I think it has something to do with the color scheme.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
          X