No announcement yet.

My last GS project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The train derailed. I made have made no progress on this project and now starting to question the whole point of it......

I picked up some used fuel injection parts from a Hayabusa and then started reading up on what the hackers had done with it. I keep finding more sites, and have been glued to the computer for months in an all out ADHD manic state. About a month ago I decided to build a motorcycle simulator to test this stuff out on...

My diesel powered dragbike...
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Showing the arb in operation
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Software that runs it all

More on the software

Hacking the hacker tools

The BigToe
    Sparklit.com creates and hosts easy to setup and easy to use web applications, including Forums, Polls, Surveys and Ad Management software. Find what you need to ignite your website.

Comment

Making some progress.

Comment

Made up an adapter for the air filter and cut the tubing.

Comment

The air filter adapter.

Comment

coool, glad you made some progress, what turbo did you use? I want to find a turbo in the junkyard and put on a little 400 xs that i am building, think that might be a good bike to put a little turbo on.

would diaphram cv carbs be ok to have blowthrought from a low psi turbo system. or would it be worth while to convert to the efi rack i have just using two tbs instead of all 4.

also might try and convert to oil injection, can a gas engine be converted to a true rice burner??

Comment

Matt, you can blow thru the stock CV carbs. Nothing to it and even use close to the same jetting. Yamaha did it on the 650 Seca Turbo. Don't forget a fuel pump and regulator. Retard timing a little and a fair sized plenum. Mount Turbo up high enough so no drain back problems.
              You may be able to convert to diesel but, need high compression. Like 18+:1 and the injection setup. Now the bottom end may not be strong enough for diesel use.
              Laters
              Greg
              sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
              2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
              Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
              '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Link to a friend of mine's front mounted draw thru XS650. I think he told me he was running a Mitsubishi turbo.

Cowboy3669 … Grand Haven, W Mich, United States. Yes, I like antique bikes. I race one, lol. Just realized that I have had an XS650 for over 30 yrs. Have my 1st one. Still. …I am the proud ow…

Garrett's welded up and mounted.

Comment

cool thanks for the link and the good read. will have to start hunting the local scrapyards for a turbo.

keep us updated on the project, its looking good.

matt

Comment

He had a busa clutch on it at one time. Not sure what he is doing now. Biggest problem he has is the parts are drying up.

Mounted the intercooler

Comment

From the other side.

Comment

Setting up the wideband.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Planning to mount the tablet on the side using Velcro strips.

Comment

Bike is finally together.

Comment

Just another view.

Comment

nice Suzuki , it is about as Fast as fast gets -- The paint is really cool too.
                                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                                X