Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS750 starting issue.

Its a 1982 GS 750T.

It has spark and suction. plenty of gas. Will crank but doesn't fire. The plugs seem dry after trying to get it running. Plenty of gas in the carbs but it doesnt seem to be getting to the plugs. it had set completely dry for about two weeks while the gas tank was getting worked on. On the carbs there are lots of hoses and openings. a main gas feed in the middle that goes to the petcock. a smaller ?vacuum? hose i think also to the petcock. And two open plugs between carb one and two and carb three and four. I'm running out of idea. any help would be awesome. thanks in advance.

did you try it on prime. The Petcock needs vacuum (through the vacuum line) to flow gas in Run mode but not prime.

Comment

I actually dont have the tank or petcock hooked up yet. I was using a funnel and in line filter.

Comment

Might be the filter, try it without that.

My T can be a pain to get started after having the carbs pulled and reinstalled.

I use an old windex bottle with some gas in it to spray into the airbox (filter removed).
        You'll need to twist the throttle a bit to get the fuel mist sucked in to the engine.

Once mine fires up for a few seconds it starts pulling gas through the carbs perfectly and never requires priming with the spray bottle again, until I take the carbs off that is.

Make an introduction thread, if you haven't already, and lets us see some pics of your T!

Comment

Basscliff collects V -rated pics

You do understand that you activate "choke" fully, apply NO throttle, and crank?
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Tom203, that site is an awesome help. it seems to only let me post a single pic is that normal?
            Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshtate View Post
              Tom203, that site is an awesome help. it seems to only let me post a single pic is that normal?
              Normal for me, but I'm a computer illiterate ! But Basscliff offers a howto on pic posting
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X