Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to use this integrated taillight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to use this integrated taillight?

I am looking at incorporating an integrated taillight from an 07-08 ZX6R into my '83 GS650L.

The light and wiring looks like this: http://racingguys.onlinera.com/102-47108.gif

Firstly, I already have hooked up some working led turn signals. I will probably just piggyback the integrated turn signals from the ZX6R unit onto my current turn signals and have twice the signal lighting. Where I am confused is when the item description tells me that just the blue and yellow wires control turn signals. How would I control both turn signals off of just 2 wires? I am guessing I would need to somehow use a diode but I'm just not sure. Any ideas?

Also, do I need to make any modifications when going from a stock incandescent taillight to an LED one?

Basically, I am wondering how I could wire this light to work with my GS. A quick sketch in MS paint would be probably be worth a million words.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM.

Okay, 2 seconds of google and I answered my own question. I will leave the post up in case anyone else attempts the same thing.

Blue and yellow wires are both positive. The turn signals share the ground with the taillight.

Comment

Working...
    X