Anybody want to share Berryman Chem-Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody want to share Berryman Chem-Dip

I am starting a rebuild of my carbs. They have been soaking in pinsol and water for about 4 days. I was thinking about dipping them in the next week or so. I don't know what to do with the chemical once I am done and thought it would be nice to share the cost.

It looks like Amazon will deliver this stuff for about $30.00.

If anybody living in the Chicago land area or near Appleton WI area I would be glad to offload this stuff once I dip my carbs for a portion of the price I paid.

Any takers?

Try Walmart, I know they sell it here in CT for about $18.

-Dave
    82 GS1100E
    five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
    Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

I just checked Appleton WI wallmart. $44.00

Comment

4 days in PineSol.....

24 hours should have been plenty, and a bit of scrubbing on the outside via a stiff brush, and a baby bottle brush, and a rinse in hot water, this would have gotten off almost any and all gunk....

Pinesol will not remove old gas that has hardened, use carb cleaner, or gas line antifreeze to clean that up...

4 days....

Comment

Yea..I soaked and then left town for a few days. Next I separate carbs and put in the ultrasonic cleaner...or Berryman's. Have not decided yet.

Comment

Why so expensive for dip in Wisconsin? I just got a new can at Wally World for 19 and change out the door!!!
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'm in St Charles, IL. You can have my gallon. Only used once

Comment

Originally posted by 081dbx64 View Post
                Yea..I soaked and then left town for a few days. Next I separate carbs and put in the ultrasonic cleaner...or Berryman's. Have not decided yet.
                If you have an ultrasonic, that's the way to go.

I have a can of berrymans that hasn't been touched since I picked up my sonic.

I use 2 parts water to 1 part simple green and it takes about two 7-minute cycles (one the solution is at peak temperature) and carb parts come out clean enough to eat from...though you'd have to dip 'em again if you did...

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
                  If you have an ultrasonic, that's the way to go.

I have a can of berrymans that hasn't been touched since I picked up my sonic.

I use 2 parts water to 1 part simple green and it takes about two 7-minute cycles (one the solution is at peak temperature) and carb parts come out clean enough to eat from...though you'd have to dip 'em again if you did...
                  What type of ultra sonic machine do you have?

Comment

Just be warned, if you choose to ship it you must use a ground service such as UPS or FedEx.
                    It is $18 here in Indiana as well.

Comment

Almost like sharing underwear.

Comment

I just have a cheap 2.5 Liter machine from Harbor freight.

Comment

Originally posted by abefroman View Post
                          I'm in St Charles, IL. You can have my gallon. Only used once
                          wow...down the road from you...

Comment

I just have a cheap 2.5 Liter machine from Harbor freight.
                            This one?

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Why would you even consider using Berryman's?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I am starting a rebuild of my carbs. They have been soaking in pinsol and water for about 4 days. I was thinking about dipping them in the next week or so. I don't know what to do with the chemical once I am done and thought it would be nice to share the cost.

It looks like Amazon will deliver this stuff for about $30.00.

If anybody living in the Chicago land area or near Appleton WI area I would be glad to offload this stuff once I dip my carbs for a portion of the price I paid.

Any takers?

Comment

Working...
                              X