Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar vibration dampers

What do you think?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Foam grips would be cheaper.

Comment

!!!MANIC SALAMANDER is a manufacturer of high quality motorcycle accessories to boost performance in long distance, cold weather, and commuting riding situations, Manics Custom Motorcycle Accessories

Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

A 3 or 4 inch length of steel bar glued into the bar ends works wonders as well..Make each one the same so the bars stay balanced.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Your 650s should be silky-smooth. Adjust your valves and sync your carbs, you won't need any add-on gizmos.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

What Steve said. A GS 650 should be very smooth.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

my 650gs is smooth as glass.....no dampeners needed

Comment

The heaviest production bar end weights I know of are from the Hayabusa. A lot of guys replace these with fancy ones, so the Busa weights come up pretty often on Ebay for cheap.

For my Harley "cafe bike", I plugged the inside of the bar with some dense foam rubber, then filled about 6" of each end of the bar with lead shotgun pellets, then another foam plug before the bar end. It didn't kill the vibration, but it sure did help.

Comment

Well, my bike has no problem with vibration in the handlebars. These so called vibration damper are good for, say, getting a dogs attention that is chasing you. Just pop them out, and you have a attention getter.

Comment

Originally posted by Willmrx View Post
                    Well, my bike has no problem with vibration in the handlebars. These so called vibration damper are good for, say, getting a dogs attention that is chasing you. Just pop them out, and you have a attention getter.
                    don't notice much vibration on the little Dragon ehh?

Comment

I use the ancient trick of removing the grips and tapping (not bashing!) a large lead fishing sinker into each bar end. The excess lead will be cut off as a ring by the bar tubing when you are done.

Comment

Working...
                      X