Got the tank and fender fixed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
    That looks awesome, I've heard good things about Leedam.
    Did you get the loaner tank from Ron at the Garage?

Cheers,

David
    Yes.

Thank you for putting me in contact with him. Seems a really decent fellow.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by MatBirch View Post
      I know how he did it!. You gave it away and didn't even know it. The secret is in the BASF. About 6-8 years ago BASF came out with a blending solvent that is truly remarkable. Sprayed straight out of a cup gun, I was able run the clear coat on an 86 Toyota pickup door. ORIGINAL clear. The stuff is truly amazing. I would guess that he used it in combination with his pure skill and patience
      Thanks, Matt.

I'll have to do some digging on the mystery solvent to see how it is used.
      '83 GS650G

Comment

he fixed the dents, and painted new stripes, hum, well the new ones are lil lighter then the old ones, i would love to see someone save that with a dent that close ect...

unless he knows god and can miraculously fix stuff

oh btw the stripes are all the way to the edge of the front of the tank, and higher up , i think its better than the stock stuff
        Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
          he fixed the dents, and painted new stripes, hum, well the new ones are lil lighter then the old ones, i would love to see someone save that with a dent that close ect...

unless he knows god and can miraculously fix stuff

oh btw the stripes are all the way to the edge of the front of the tank, and higher up , i think its better than the stock stuff
          Thanks for the feedback, Pt2.

If you go back and reread at the thread, he did not paint the stripes. What you are seeing are the stock decals. The only thing he repainted was a couple of millimeters of the upper stripe. Everything else is in the stock position, except one spot on the fender is a little bit off vertically but not so much so that it warrants a redo. The difference in colour is due mainly to the lighting conditions when I was shooting.

I think it looks better than new as well.
          '83 GS650G

Comment

Tank looks great and fender just too good for the forks! Darn the luck. Looks like some polishing might be in order ?

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
              Tank looks great and fender just too good for the forks! Darn the luck. Looks like some polishing might be in order ?
              That's the kind of luck I like to have

You know the drill. Fix one thing, and then you have to do the rest because they now become the red-headed stepchild.
              '83 GS650G

Comment

Working...
              X