1983 GS550ES- siamese carb A/F mix screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS550ES- siamese carb A/F mix screws

Picking up a 550ESD and trying to get ahead of the curve by ordering o-rings through RobertBarr.

This fiche from Boulevard doesn't show the A/F mixture screws...or does it? The copy of the manual from BassCliff wasn't any more enlightening.

How many A/F screws are on these funky carbs? 2 (i.e. 1 per carb body?) or 4 (i.e. 1 per carb throat)

Is the pilot screw (Part#34) equivalent to the A/F mixture screw?

Thanks in advance,

Derrick
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

2 per carb, one on each side of the choke thingy (item #41)
    Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks, but isn't that the choke plunger (enrichener)?
      '83 GS650G

Comment

item 41 is yes,, but theres screws either side of it, as I said,

Comment

They do not show the screws because they are not accessible to the US market, but they show the caps. If you remove those caps, the screws are underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by dark7068 View Post
            item 41 is yes,, but theres screws either side of it, as I said,
            Oh heck...another failure of multi-tasking. I really have to stop doing that.

I just did not read what you said carefully enough. Those are where I thought they should be.

Many thanks, Dark.
            '83 GS650G

Comment

KK,

I think the caps were off of the carbs...I guess I'll find out Saturday.

Can these be vacuum-synched like a regular BS series carb?
              '83 GS650G

Comment

There are 4 and they are under some solder... If you cannot find what you are looking for look at the carbs for the 1989 GS500, it's part #23 on the Bike Bandit site. They list them as discontinued for the wacky 83-86 GS550 carbs, but from personal experience, the ones off the 1989 GS500e are the same.

Yes you can vacuum synch them but that's done per set. (looking at the bike bandit parts list for the 1983 GS550E the screw that's #34 is where you set the gauge)
                Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Skreemer.

I might have to hit you up for more information as things progress.
                  '83 GS650G

Comment

"Picking up a 550ESD and trying to get ahead of the curve" ..Great thinking.Also consider replacing the 4 large O rings between manifold intake stubs and head while carb set is removed to eliminate a potential and vexing vacuum leak.Carbs must be removed to remove intake stubs so a good opportunity awaits.

Comment

I found out the sync port on the 83+ 550's are not the standard 5mm(?) Suzuki adapters. Was going to do one and couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                        I found out the sync port on the 83+ 550's are not the standard 5mm(?) Suzuki adapters. Was going to do one and couldn't.
                        I thought those looked like an odd size. Are they smaller than 5mm?

I should be able to work something out.
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by elrico View Post
                          ...consider replacing the 4 large O rings between manifold intake stubs and head while carb set is removed to eliminate a potential and vexing vacuum leak.Carbs must be removed to remove intake stubs so a good opportunity awaits.
                          Absolutely...I'm already in contact with Mr. RobertBarr to sort that out.
                          '83 GS650G

Comment

Right on!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                              I thought those looked like an odd size. Are they smaller than 5mm?

I should be able to work something out.
                              No,the threads where bigger.Maybe 6mm?

Comment

Working...
                              X