narrow worm type carb clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

narrow worm type carb clamps

I have been looking for some nice stainless clamps to replace the stock ones on my bike. Most were crazy shipping, then I found these, only $8 for 10 and decent shipping:

9MM is pretty wide..just a regular car radiator clamp in the end run.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      9MM is pretty wide..just a regular car radiator clamp in the end run.
      Only 2mm wider than a stock one. I doubt you would find a 7mm hose clamp. Regular hose clamps are 12-13mm.

Comment

The only down fall I find with the OEM ones is stretch...gotta replace them every now and then if the ends come together and the still seem loose.
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          The only down fall I find with the OEM ones is stretch...gotta replace them every now and then if the ends come together and the still seem loose.
          I dont know about stretch, but they break on me now and then and I am running out of replacements. Had to dig really hard to find one to work, otherwise my bike would have to be parked until I found one locally or bought online.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
            I dont know about stretch, but they break on me now and then and I am running out of replacements. Had to dig really hard to find one to work, otherwise my bike would have to be parked until I found one locally or bought online.
            I have used a zip-tie in a pinch to seal a boot to a carb... yank on it with a pair of pliers & it's surprising how tight it cinches.
            '85 GS550L - SOLD
            '85 GS550E - SOLD
            '82 GS650GL - SOLD
            '81 GS750L - SOLD
            '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
            '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
            '82 GS1100G - SOLD
            '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I have always wanted to find some right diameter "injector clamps" that would fit. If you don't know what an injector clamp is, its the kind with the bolt and nut set up to tighten them.

Comment

I don't have any experience with these, so I have no clue on price, availability, durability, etc, but a quick Googling this morning came up with these rather svelte looking clamps.

The bonus is they look very smooth on the inside circumference.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

If you can find a dealer that deals with Wurth USA. They import the best hose clamps I have ever used in my life!!! They were made in Germany. They have a 8mm stainless steel narrow band, that fits into the groove on most Suzuki motorcycle intake boots. Plus the edges are turned up so they don't dig into the rubber boots.

I think they were like 3 dollars each. Don't quote me, but they might be Zebra brand?? The ones on my bike have been on there for many years, and even after many many jet changes, they work just like they did when they were new!!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Try www.schnitzracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by streetfighters View Post
                      Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

I believe that this might be what we need:

Schnitz Carburator Clamp 40-60mm
                      2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                      1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                      2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                      s)

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
                        Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

I believe that this might be what we need:

Schnitz Carburator Clamp 40-60mm
                        Ok, as long as you dont mind paying more than double what they are on ebay
                        actually more than 3x
                        $.80ea compared to $2.60ea
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

actually more than 3x
                          Compared to replacing a carb boot that is cut by a clamp though?

$2.60 is pretty close to Boulevard pricing ($2.79) on clamps:

'83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

actually more than 3x
                            Oh, sorry, I suppose the original question should have been " where can I get exactly what I want for as little cost as possible? You could ty-wrap the carbs in place, that's even less than .80 cents each.
                            I didn't know 8 bucks would break the bank.
                            streetfighters

Comment

actually more than 3x
                              I see your point!
                              I will most probably order a set from your Ebay link. At that price, I can't see not getting them to keep "just in case".
                              2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                              1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                              2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                              s)

Comment

Working...
                              X