Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a visitor stop by this morning. Stator stopped by with a 550 head. He asked me if I could remove some broken exhaust bolts out of the 550 head he's working on. No problem buddy, give me a couple of days and I'll have it fixed up for you👍
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Beary nice of you to offer the help Norm. Just make sure the payment method he uses includes some of his stash of green chiles.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Yep, Stator wanted to ask Norm for help so he and I jumped on the Bandit for a 700 mile ride that started Saturday about 5pm. After the visit to Norm's, we visited Brandywine falls in the Cuyahoga Valley near Cleveland. For those who notice, I left the scarf on the bike for the hike to the falls as it was getting in the way more than anything.

Stator at Brandywine falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

It was pretty dang hot for the rest of the ride home and Stator was so tired he slept in the top case for the rest of the trip. Hopefully he'll ride along when we pick up that head this week.
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          I was thankful for the chance to host the GSR's mascot. It really is a fun thing to be a part of. If he ever comes bach, I'll make sure to get him out to see some more of the area here.

Hey Roger.

I hadn't logged in a long while and I see all this.

Glad Stator was found and got to go a few more places with you.
          Too bad about the boat episode.

And now he is in Ohio.

Splendid.
          Last edited by Highway_Glider; 07-06-2020, 09:52 PM.
          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider View Post
            Hey Roger.

I hadn't logged in a long while and I see all this.

Glad Stator was found and got to go a few more places with you.
            Too bad about the boat episode.

And now he is in Ohio.

Splendid.
            I'm sure it was more than the boat episode that kept Stator out of the public eye for a while, but he's back and moving around again which is good.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well, I got the broken exhaust bolts out of Stator's 550 head. Hopefully I can meet up with him this Saturday, I'll be in the Columbus Ohio. I'll call you later, take it easy Stator buddy. 👍
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thank you Norm; Scott and I will be there.

Stator
                sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Stator and I stopped at a small cafe in South Charleston OH for lunch during our ride to Columbus to get the head. He thoroughly enjoyed the lunch, this place makes a very good hashbrown casserole, and thrilled the staff with his stories.

Stator Lunch by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Stator with All in Flavor Cafe Staff by Scott Baker, on Flickr

He insisted on getting one of the chocolate chip cookies but didn't have time to eat it right away. It was very thick, gooey, and fantastic tasting.

Stator Chocolate Chip Cookie by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Later, after getting the head and visiting the American Motorcycle Association Museum, we stopped at Cedar Cliff falls on our way home. He was very disappointed the water levels were so much lower this time than my last visit but still insisted on trying out my camera to take his own picture

Stator Taking Pictures by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Stator Picture of Cedar Cliff Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Lovely waterfall pic.
                    Looks like there is some room for expansion on Stator's leather jacket if he keeps cramming the cookies.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Stator and I rode down south this evening to find Fallsville Falls, an area I have passed repeatedly on other rides home and not stopped at. It was so hot today he wanted to stand in a shallow pool in the creek even with as little as was flowing.

Stator at Fallsville Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Then, after the over 1/4-mile hike back to the bike, he sat and enjoyed the last couple of minutes of the sunset

Fallsville Falls Sunset by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Another Waterfall?!

Stator, Charmayne, and I went to visit a waterfall closer to where we live. I never realized until recently this one is in my regular riding area but we had fun and Stator enjoyed the little hike. Of course, since Charmayne's bike is still down, we used her truck which meant Stator was put into the back seat

Stator Buckled In by Scott Baker, on Flickr

He lagged behind us a little but at least the creek bed was mostly dry

Stator Out for Hike by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Our very dry and hot weather equals very little water flow so only one corner of the entire Horseshoe Falls, otherwise known as Flat Rock falls, had anything coming over it. That meant Charmayne and Stator could sit on the shelf

Stator and Charmayne Horseshoe Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I'm hoping Stator and I can take a bike ride sometime soon though I don't really know where just yet as my free time will be a bit limited this week
                        sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Stator decided to come back out to the garage with Charmayne and I today. He insisted on helping change out two shims but was too short to reach the ratchet so he grabbed the step stool to prop himself up on

Helping with Shim Change by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Stator enjoyed a change of pace this evening when we went to the Fox Hollow Rodeo so Charmayne could enter the barrel racing tonight. When we first arrived, Stator climbed up on the side of the trailer to watch the events in the arena from afar.

Stator on Trailer by Scott Baker, on Flickr

However, once Charmayne finished warming my horse Lou up, he wanted to climb up into the saddle for a little bit.

Stator Riding Lou by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Stator Riding Lou cropped by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Sadly, during Charmayne's run, Lou had a problem near the bucking chutes and threw Charmayne off. However, she climbed back up and finished the pattern for no score.
                            sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Stator the horse whisperer.
                              Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Stator found out I was packing the top case today and got curious

Preparing for Blue Ridge Trip by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Then, when I told him where we are going and showed him this thread - https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...kway-Ride-2016 - he said he can't wait until Sunday morning when we leave
                                sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X