This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    I think another Stator should be started in the States and Canada and in Europe. By the time the original gets here or else where many of us might not be riding any longer lol. Impose a time limit where Stator II can spend at one area. Make it sort of a contest, how many miles each Stator can accumulate.
    Not a bad idea.......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

I am all for this idea.....^^^^^^^

Otherwise, I probably won't even have a bike by the time the Stator gets to my neck of the woods, or it will be winter again...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        I am all for this idea.....^^^^^^^

Otherwise, I probably won't even have a bike by the time the Stator gets to my neck of the woods, or it will be winter again...LOL

I think it's going to take at least a year just to go through one country. If the journey is completed we could always exchange with another country and do it again. We would get loads more pictures a lot faster, and that's half the attraction to me.....
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

We are moving a flag on kzrider. It took us a year to get it from the east coast to the west coast. We hope to finish this year. I would say 1 year, 1 continent. It does not help when you have a delay such as just seen.

Comment

It will be difficult to move across Kanada. We have a couple of members in Alberta and Saskatchewan, nobody that I'm aware of in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec are fine, and a few in the Maritimes. Some shipping might have to be done. But why not ? It's supposed to be fun not long.....
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Okay, no more talk then, let's get it started. Who wants to be first?
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                Okay, no more talk then, let's get it started. Who wants to be first?
                I'll see if I can find a stuffed seal for Kanada.......
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  I'll see if I can find a stuffed seal for Kanada.......
                  HA there ya go. Hmm what for the US....
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    It will be difficult to move across Kanada. We have a couple of members in Alberta and Saskatchewan, nobody that I'm aware of in Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec are fine, and a few in the Maritimes. Some shipping might have to be done. But why not ? It's supposed to be fun not long.....
                    Or you can come on a road trip and visit the centre of the universe......

Someone was talking about moving to Manitoba not two weeks ago I thought.
                    Something about Thompson.....

Comment

Originally posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
                      Or you can come on a road trip and visit the centre of the universe......

Someone was talking about moving to Manitoba not two weeks ago I thought.
                      Something about Thompson.....
                      Oh yeah... I remember something about that now that you've twigged my memory....Oh we can pull it off. If it gets stuck somewhere we can ship it to the closest next guy in the chain.... The problem with going to the center of he universe is you have to spend a long time on a straight road in a black hole....
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        My thoughts would be. Send him to dpep in Florida this Spring(Don gets around to all the Rallies) Then pass him off to the PNW guys for the fall/winter (they ride all year) Stator could then make his way down the west coast and eventually to tkent. tkent could then take him to Europe... my $.02
                        If we got Stator down here this spring I would try to organize a ride in central Florida for him to meet up with the Sunshine State riders. We haven't had a Florida ride in several years. After that I could deliver him to someone at Brown County in June.

Or I could pick him up at Brown County in June and hand him off to someone at the West Virginia ride in July. Or......

My tentative itinerary for this season is to hit Brown County in June, WV in July, then stop off at the Sturgis, SD rally in August on my way up to Alaska from which I will return by way of the Cranbrook rally in September. There is a place on my bike for Stator for any of the legs of any of those trips. I may even be returning from Cranbrook via friends in Colorado, so I could drop him off at Tkent's if that were the way it worked out. Throw me and my routes into the mix as needed if needed.

Is there anyone from the East Coast/New England who will be making it to either Brown County or WV?
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Bit embarrassing really , for us Aussies .
                          He had such a good , well documented time in NZ .

Bugger .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by max parsons View Post
                            Stator is alive and well and arrived in Finley this morning.I've got a couple of rides planned for him in the next couple of weeks so stay calm and if you want to be his next chauffer put your name forward.
                            I vote for dpep. He has concrete plan that would see good initial coverage.

Any idea if Ozman is going likely to touch base and update the thread with a few photos?

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            If we got Stator down here this spring I would try to organize a ride in central Florida for him to meet up with the Sunshine State riders. We haven't had a Florida ride in several years. After that I could deliver him to someone at Brown County in June.

Or I could pick him up at Brown County in June and hand him off to someone at the West Virginia ride in July. Or......

My tentative itinerary for this season is to hit Brown County in June, WV in July, then stop off at the Sturgis, SD rally in August on my way up to Alaska from which I will return by way of the Cranbrook rally in September. There is a place on my bike for Stator for any of the legs of any of those trips. I may even be returning from Cranbrook via friends in Colorado, so I could drop him off at Tkent's if that were the way it worked out. Throw me and my routes into the mix as needed if needed.

Is there anyone from the East Coast/New England who will be making it to either Brown County or WV?

Comment

Just a thought: If everyone can wait till end of May, when Simon is comming to the USA. Simon could bring Stator with him and hand him off in Ohio.

Or you could just stick Stator in a box and mail him.

And if Simon is game - he could document Stators trip and clearing customs (does he have a passport??).

Of course Simon would have to promise to not involve the "Mile High Club".
                              I think we can trust Simon - as long as Deb is with him we should be ok.
                              85 1150E

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Conlan View Post
                                Just a thought: If everyone can wait till end of May, when Simon is comming to the USA. Simon could bring Stator with him and hand him off in Ohio.

Or you could just stick Stator in a box and mail him.

And if Simon is game - he could document Stators trip and clearing customs (does he have a passport??).
                                I think this is the way we should go. I thought the whole idea was for Stator to travel with GSR members and be passed from one to another for each next leg of his journey. Last I checked FedEx wasn't a member here or using GS's to make their deliveries.

Once Simon has him on the ground in Ohio in May we can start his North American swing. From Brown County in June I will be returning to Florida via DC/Richmond area if someone wanted to pick him up for an East Coast/New England swing. However it works out Cranbrook seems the logical place to pass him to the West Coast members.
                                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                                80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                                X