Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Stator finished with Australia? We need to see him hanging onto Simon's 1000S for dear life.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I reckon there is enough to keep Stator busy in Auzzie until Simon leaves end of May, it gives two months, hell between Pete and Simon they could still give him a good time, I would suggest he moving on to Pete next then Simon, to be taken across the pond.
      What say ye?

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
        I thought the whole idea was for Stator to travel with GSR members and be passed from one to another for each next leg of his journey. Last I checked FedEx wasn't a member here or using GS's to make their deliveries.
        True enough, but without occasional assistance from members like tkent or Flyboy, he is going to have a bit of difficulty hopping from one continent to another.

Then there is Simon. (And Deb. )
        They do their own continent hopping every once in a while, so they can move him right along.
        Any other members on that short list of continent hoppers?

OK, it's not a GS, but FedEx does use bikes in some areas:

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I hope Simons game, good chance for us to redeem ourselves.

Comment

Stator prowling with the skunk pack

ok guys im back, sorry about the delay its finally rained and i have a day or 2 off !
            ive been working 7 days a week traveling 75 mile to work 10 to 12 hrs on the machine and 75 mile home again for 4 months ... im over driving atm

Stator has been passed to another forum member max parsons for a trip into the mountains

so Stator arrived safely then hibernated as bears are known to do we managed to rouse him for the outback poker run
            after many late nights cleaning carbs and repairing previous owner bodge repairs i got 4 skunks up and running

rounded up sons Sean and Dillon to ride a couple of the skunks and a mate Non to ride chucks bike

poker run was a trip to the Maude pub back to Hay the the Booligal pub plus a stop at the One Tree pub about 150 mile all up

Stator on my 78 Blue Skunk

hanging out on the skunk i got from Chuck Hahn

79 E model in 78 C model colours paint by larry

Black and white 78 skunk

Stator and his chaperone for the ride my daughter Tyler jane

Maude pub well known watering hole

teaching Stator bad habits with the demon rum

me ans Non in depth discussions about the GS1000 finer attributes

Comment

parts 2 !!

on to Booliga

number 2 and 3 sons with Tyler jane

another mate Screw has his nice looking car along for the trip

skunk pack

sadly the old pub burnt down and was replaced

then on to the One Tree pub

sadly Stator proved to be a very average poker player pair of 7s ....so not a winner

Comment

Hey , well done old mate .
                We were getting a bit worried Stator was buried in a State forest somewhere .
                I know about the work stuff .
                I'm doing 12ies as well , with a 1 hour commute either side and only getting a day or two a month off . Glad to hear you're OK as well (we was getting a bit worried about Stator and about yourself).
                I'm only to happy to accept Stator and bring him to the States in May , possibly after a trip to Brisbane with Pete and those Katmen (although they look like a pack of bear molesters) . Maybe Sharpy could be encouraged to give him a bit of a cuddle as well ?
                Can't guarantee what condition he'll be in when I'm finished with him though .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

WooHoo! Well done Ozman. Good to see the little fella hasn't been too neglected and still has his head (arms and legs) about him.

Comment

Excellent travelogue, Ozman.
                    Beautiful stable of Skunks as well.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Good on ya Ozman, beautiful stable of skunks, damn, do you own all the skunks in Oz?
                      Nice travel log, thanks for that.

Comment

Great picture of the GS1000's all lined up. And thanks for posting the bear, good to see him up and around finally.
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I wanna know how in the heck one of Chuck Hahn's bikes ended up down under!

What's the story on that little escapade?
                          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            Good on ya Ozman, beautiful stable of skunks, damn, do you own all the skunks in Oz?
                            Nice travel log, thanks for that.
                            not all but a fair portion of them !

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                              I wanna know how in the heck one of Chuck Hahn's bikes ended up down under!

What's the story on that little escapade?
                              with chuck being very helpful it was not to much drama had to ship the skunk to LA then onto down under

oz

Comment

Good show you guys, been missing the updates on lill stator.

Comment

Working...
                                X