X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged for interest...

Comment

Count me in as well. I am close to Wally, but have never met him! Exactly when and where is Stator going to start his travels? I am delaying essential winter maintenance, as we are still having some great riding weather in between some rainy days.

However, sooner or later I WILL have to do that maintenance list before summer arrives!
      1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

I will get his travel map going and keep it updated as he tours.
        Anyone got more pull with Frank, I sent him a PM asking if he would sticky this thread, no answer as yet.

Comment

Frank doesn't check in everyday Stan..but I assure you he will respond.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Fabricating a Stator mount for the handlebars .Subscribed.

Comment

Ok, I finally got Stator out for a ride at his starting point in Auckland New Zealand.

I Took some videos but they need to be clipped to make anything watchable and that will have to wait until I spend some time on the desk top (which has a copy of video converter loaded) over the coming week.

In the meantime ....

The starting point for Stator was to figure how best to pillion him. The following photos show a few options we tried.

He didn't appear impressed by my first suggestion and the second wasn't thought much better.

but we worked through the options and settled on this one.

Once that was settled we got under way and went through the back of Browns Bay, then Rothesay Bay before we passed the Murrays Bay beach on our way through to Mairangi Bay for a couple of photos... (Hopefully a short version video of the highlights of this leg will follow soon)

We then headed off through the back of Campbells Bay and Castor Bay for a quick stop at the Milford Marina (behind the beach) for a couple of photos of the old yachts.... (Again, hopefully a short version video of the highlights of this leg will follow soon)

Then on through Takapuna and via the motoway and harbour bridge over to the waterfront of the inner harbour on Tamaki Drive for a couple more photos. (Again, hopefully a short version video of the highlights of this leg will follow soon)

That's it for now. Will see what I can do in the way of videos to fill this post out some more.

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of local GSR'ers to sort his handover and hopefully they will do a better job of showing him the town.

Comment

Doubt if he's going to like being duct taped to a race bike.....

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                  Doubt if he's going to like being duct taped to a race bike.....
                  Sounds like he won't have any choice.
                  He's going dirt riding when he gets here. Big rocks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Is it just me or does he look p*ssed? You didn't get him at the Harley dealership, did you?

Comment

Awesome ride report Colin, many thanks, stunning part of the world you live in, I am jealous.
                      The bar is set right up there.

Comment

No ATTGATT for the bear? Can't he at least have a little leather helmet or something?
                        That's probably why he looks angry, you scared him riding ike a maniac and him with no protection at all.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          No ATTGATT for the bear? Can't he at least have a little leather helmet or something?
                          That's probably why he looks angry, you scared him riding ike a maniac and him with no protection at all.
                          I believe the intention is that he accumulates the gear he needs during his travel as part of his international flavouring and that safety pinned badges etc (such as those he currently has) can be sewed on by the members who dress him.

Surplus souvenirs can travel with him in his carry on bag so they stay part of his collection.

Best you start knitting eh!

Comment

By the way, that is a very good looking ride Stator is reclining upon.

Comment

Do we have a stator status?

As a point of reference, over at KZRider we are relaying a flag across North America. It started last spring, and is presently about to make another trip across the border to Ontario, British Columbia. We should be complete by late fall or early spring.

Also, we decided our flag should be accompanied by a log book. Everyone signs in, puts their user name, bike they are riding, miles traveled, etc.
                              Just something to think about.

Comment

Satorrrr....Stator?
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X