Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stator, The GSR travelling mascot.

Smokinapankake Guest

This sounds like a fun way to get face time with the members here! Count me in, if old Stator ever makes his way out west....

Lousy freeloader anyway!

MAJikMARCer Guest

I like this idea. Though the only member that I can think of near by is Tom. NEJeff doesnt count, he's just down the road. Maybe we could ride out to Colorado together. I just hope Tom has found a 650E by then or I may have to walk home.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck hahn View Post
    Make it a ride to the next guy and hand him off kind of affair. Like send him to say Houston in Teaxs, have Russ Reeves be the recipient, for example. Then Russ rides him to a close member for the hand off and photo ops, then that guy rides him to the next and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    I'd hate to see him lost to a customs seizure....
    I'd hate to see me lost to a customs siezure.

Life is too short to ride an L.

include a note with him with a link to his website and a number for a person responsible to ask questions.

that should address what ever questions the checkpoints may have.

would be nice to have a 1 week limit in possession with pics of transfers. would keep it from being stagnant and would facilitate member interaction.
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

wally Guest

I'm in! If my bike is done and riding by the time this gets going!

The Buell forum I am on is planning something similar, but only in the States. They seem to be too scared or see it as too big a challenge to get a Buell flag across the waters...
    Last edited by wally; 07-11-2013 at 09:41 AM.

GateKeeper Guest

Tagged for interest...

Count me in as well. I am close to Wally, but have never met him! Exactly when and where is Stator going to start his travels? I am delaying essential winter maintenance, as we are still having some great riding weather in between some rainy days.

However, sooner or later I WILL have to do that maintenance list before summer arrives!
    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Photo of the Month Winner April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo"

Flyboy Guest

I will get his travel map going and keep it updated as he tours.
    Anyone got more pull with Frank, I sent him a PM asking if he would sticky this thread, no answer as yet.

Frank doesn't check in everyday Stan..but I assure you he will respond.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

fivestring Guest

Fabricating a Stator mount for the handlebars .Subscribed.