Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can get my paws on him in the next 10 days he can make the trip from the USA to the UK although it would be a while before I could transport him back...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I don't think he's in the states right now.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        Do we have a stator status?

As a point of reference, over at KZRider we are relaying a flag across North America. It started last spring, and is presently about to make another trip across the border to Ontario, British Columbia. We should be complete by late fall or early spring.

Also, we decided our flag should be accompanied by a log book. Everyone signs in, puts their user name, bike they are riding, miles traveled, etc.
        Just something to think about.

He should be down in Christchurch with Greg T (the stomping grounds of the Briton Motorcycle) by now. He has a travel log and a jar of Marmite with him.

Greg has a some racing planned for him before heading down the line to Dunedin for the Burt Munro (Worlds Fastest Indian) bike race meeting.

Looking forward to the pictures as I will once again not make it down

Comment

The plan at present is to do a couple of race meetings locally then he goes back to Auckland for the Barry Sheene classic and post classic race meeting late October. Back down South for the Burt Munro in Invercargill late November.
          Then I assume to Aussie for their riding season.

The Barry Sheene at Hampton Downs, Auckland and the Burt Munro always have a good turnout of GS and GSX machinery and owners so i'd imagine plenty will meet him...Any Aussies coming over for the Burt Munro ?

Comment

Be sure and post some pics of his journey.
            Riders can be included also if you wish....

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
              The plan at present is to do a couple of race meetings locally then he goes back to Auckland for the Barry Sheene classic and post classic race meeting late October. Back down South for the Burt Munro in Invercargill late November.
              Then I assume to Aussie for their riding season.

The Barry Sheene at Hampton Downs, Auckland and the Burt Munro always have a good turnout of GS and GSX machinery and owners so i'd imagine plenty will meet him...Any Aussies coming over for the Burt Munro ?
              Well! Did he win the race?

Comment

Well due to changes of plan, all we've had time for before stator goes North to the barry Sheene meeting at Auckland, was a day's testing and running in at the local track. Those who have seen the video online - GS1000 racing - will know what it's like - and Kevin's propensity for wheelies...

Anyway, he's had a baptism of fire - been wheelied, slid, laid darkies out of corners and seen the top side of 120mph...whatever comes next should be a walk in the park...

He's off tomorrow to GS58 to take to Auckland and hopefully meet a lot of GS'ers.

Comment

Comment

Quick update.

gs58 (Paul) has Stator at the Barry Sheene race meeting this long weekend in Auckland and will be heading back to Christchurch. when he is done.

I believe he was going to try to hook up with 49er on his way up past Napier and also with Bill Alexander so it with a bit of luck we may see a few pics of the Lads saying hi to Stator soon.

Paul should be in touch with ozman (see post below) over this coming week (or maybe Simon Kuether) to make arrangements to get him on his way to Oz for a spin around the outback.

Originally posted by ozman
                    at huge expense ive arranged a welcome guide for Stator

he is just saying goodbye to the rickman i just sold

Comment

I see ozman regularly and after he returns from the outback I'll take him through some of our mountain areas and if he behaves I might even take him to The Boxing Day Test.

Comment

Just got back from the Barry Sheene Memorial race meeting and although Stator didn't get there in time for a practice lap he did get a great tour of the pits. Met a chap called Graeme something who used to ride an XR69. Says he won Daytona on a GS1000S but who can you believe these days. Also bumped into a bloke called Freddie who claims to have won the World Superbike title - he spoke like a Yank so it was probably BS. Heading away again for a week or so, so will post photos and story of travels upon my return.
                        • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                        • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                        • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                        • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

Oh, and there was an Aussie there. Does Phyllis ring a bell with anyone?

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

robbie phyllis is a legend over here he has been racing since the late 70s and still loves it
                            looking forward to meeting stator

Comment

Originally posted by gs58 View Post
                              Oh, and there was an Aussie there. Does Phyllis ring a bell with anyone?
                              Very cool. I wish I had been in town for it. Did Messrs Crosby, Spencer & Phillis get a lap in or were they too busy queuing for Stator's autograph?

Comment

Crosby and Merkel did some parade laps, but Phyllis was on a Suzuki TR750 replica and not messing around. This was a NZ bike that was very well presented. Apparently only about 10 of the originals left in the world - the rest were crushed by the factory. However, one of those 10 is in Southwards Car Museum just north of Wellington. I think it is the one that Geoff Perry rode.

Comment

Working...
                                X