No announcement yet.

where to find Wes cooley pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the research but I wonder if they changed in 79-80 as the wheels were different. Seems like I can't find any info on those years just the red yoshimura bike must be top secret like Area 51 hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by killergs View Post
      Thanks for the research but I wonder if they changed in 79-80 as the wheels were different. Seems like I can't find any info on those years just the red yoshimura bike must be top secret like Area 51 hahahah
      all this onfo is in the link provided in post #6, just in case you care to "research" it yourself!!!!!!!
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

i would think by 81 they would have changed to 18 inch to use available slicks which were common unlike the 19inch item they used on the previous bike

Comment

Originally posted by Wester Cooley
          Goodyear had 19 inch front slicks for Superbikes till the end of the '82 season.

Most privateers on KZ1000's ran 19 inch fronts till the end of the 1000cc era.

here in aust by 81 i can confidently say there would have near to no racers running 19 inch front slicks
          the advantages of the smaller front diameter in quicker steering/change of direction had been realized by then

i dug out slicks i have from 1980/81 the fronts were goodyears 24.0x60-18
          rear michelin 400/560-18 and dunlop 375/650-18

and yes its a dymag on the cooley bike in pic

Comment

Bob Hurricane Hannah?

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Can anyone gess the name of the guy in the lower right hand corner of the one picture?

Bob Hurricane Hannah?? lol

Comment

I'll get this reply in the right section some how. lol

Bob Hurricane Hannah??

Comment

The Vetter/ Yoshimura GS1000s at Road Atlanta 1980.

Notice the Morris Mag on the front and a Dymag on the rear!!!

Comment

Graeme "Cros the Oz" Crosby's Yoshimura GS1000s at Daytona 1981.

18 inch Dymags front and rear that year.

Comment

Bob,
                      Those are some nice pictures keep em coming BTW Ive never seen them before. Did you take them?

Comment

Thanks, Not bad for being blind in one eye and can barely see out of the other one!!!

The 34 bike at Road America 1981. Don't remember if the Superbike blew up, or if the F1 bike did. But the boys from Yoshimura had to switch motors from the bike that did not blow up to the one that did.
                        Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2013, 04:56 PM. Reason: badd grammer

Comment

Crosby's bike being warmed up at Daytona 1981.

Thats the front forks, brake calipers, and rotors from the factory RG500 road race bike.

Comment

Great pics, Wester.
                            Odd to see the calipers on the Vetter bike in front of the forks.
                            Was this an Endurance bike?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Great pics, Wester.
                              Odd to see the calipers on the Vetter bike in front of the forks.
                              Was this an Endurance bike?
                              No, thats the way it ran the AMA Superbike races at Road America, and Road Atlanta in 1980. Check out the fancy brackets holding the calipers to the fork legs too!!

This picture is from the very first AMA Superbike race at Road America back in 1980. Again it has a Morris mag on the front, and a Dymag on the rear.

Comment

It is not a Yoshimura GS1000S, but it was the nicest looking of all the GS1000S's that ran in the AMA Superbike Series back then. It was not as cobbly built like the Yosh bikes were. Thad Wolff still races in Vintage Superbike and still wins!!! Think he rides for Ask Henry Racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X