Anyone been on a Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    No, but I watched an attractive young lady try to turn around in a gravel parking lot for quite a while using the fifteen point turn technique. Don't those things have reverse? Very interesting. Very attractive except for the brand new pirate garb.
    Not sure about the Boss Hoss line, but I think the only bikes with reverse are the GoldWings.

Reasonably sure that the Harley trikes and Boss Hoss trikes have reverse, don't know about other trike conversions.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
      I was wondering how long it would take for a seemingly honest question to degenerate into a Harley bash.
      It doesn't take long at all. Probably a bad idea posting your thread with this crowd. Not that long ago I posted a similar thread asking if anyone had any experience with the V-Rod. It was a bad idea too. It became completely argumentative and counterproductive to it's original intent. I became so disgusted that I wound up deleting the thread in it's entirety. Hope you get better results.

Comment

I actually dig the Boss-Hoss bikes, nothing like having an American made V-8 strapped between your legs! As long as it's a Chevy and not a Ford motor......... LOL!
        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          I actually dig the Boss-Hoss bikes, nothing like having an American made V-8 strapped between your legs! As long as it's a Chevy and not a Ford motor......... LOL!
          Several years ago, they had three engines available. The "small" one was the 4.3L V6, then the 5.7L (350ci) V8 and the 8.2L (502ci) V8.

I have seen a few of them in action. Let's just say "interesting".

A great "styling" bike, but even with its 9-gallon fuel tank, its range is no better than most GS L bikes.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I also rode a few on demo day and I was impressed with the engine and the handling was Ok. I liked the Judge. Not enough cornering clearance.
            NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
            Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
              Not that long ago I posted a similar thread asking if anyone had any experience with the V-Rod. It was a bad idea too. It became completely argumentative and counterproductive to it's original intent.
              V-rod's is cool looking. Don't know why any one would bash another on two or even three wheels. Scooters, c-rockets, heck even a engine dropped onto the front of a bicycle works... Z'all good if they are done correctly

Here is one that works for me... http://images.craigslist.org/01515_c...uX_600x450.jpg
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                It doesn't take long at all. Probably a bad idea posting your thread with this crowd. Not that long ago I posted a similar thread asking if anyone had any experience with the V-Rod. It was a bad idea too. It became completely argumentative and counterproductive to it's original intent. I became so disgusted that I wound up deleting the thread in it's entirety. Hope you get better results.
                Sorry, but this wasn't my thread. I was just trying to contribute, as I did on your V-Rod thread. But this thread wasn't even about an HD. All the bashing used to pi$$ me off. Now it's just boring, and a waste of an excellent resource.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  Here are my two pet peeves with Harleys.

1... Its way over priced based on "NOSTALDIA". Damned thing is juat another bike really.

2... The look down their nose attitudes coupled with I am a BILLY BADAZZ attitude is a real turn off..just be a normal regular dude and it would be more well received.
                  Yeah. The Harley bashing is all in good fun.

Comment

waste of an excellent resource.
                    Agree with you 100% there. There is a lot of experience in the collective brain trust of all the members. Sure would have liked to have tapped into that in a positive constructive way myself...

Comment

Yeah. The Harley bashing is all in good fun.

Aint no fun in his posts. He's dead set serious. Ashamed really, to be so closed minded and hard headed.
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Damned right I am dead set serious!!!! I grew up around the Harley douches and to this day they are STILL Harley douches!!!!!

Bunch of friggin dicckholes with a slow noisy bike and an attitude like they were the end all of all motorcyclists.

Then theres you Todd. Example of exactly WHY I don't like the Harley douche clan.
                        Last edited by chuck hahn; 08-06-2013, 03:29 PM.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                          Damned right I am dead set serious!!!! I grew up around the Harley douches and to this day they are STILL Harley douches!!!!!

Bunch of friggin dicckholes with a t slow noisy bike and an attitude like they were the end all of all motorcyclists.

Perhaps they're only douches to you. For good reason!

No skin off my a$$, I couldn't care less about you or your trailer park opinions.
                          Last edited by Octain; 08-06-2013, 03:27 PM.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Nope..has nothing to do with me. I can go anywhere and not know anyone for 300 miles around and a Harley douche acts like a Harley douche...its not geographics or anything of the sort. They are universally azzhats...so I don't like or hang with the azzhats

Plain and simple.
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Back to the subject at hand..

Victory is a great looking bike and although I have never been on one I wouldn't turn down a test ride, for sure.

To me, the engine looks kinda odd. It's like the jugs are too tall, or something.
                              Yes, it's gotta look good.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Well I must be pretty important to you!!! Your in the trailer right next door!!!

I mean whenever I post you come along like one of my deciples to pay homage to me..so I surely appreciate the attention and admiration that you shower me with!!

Comment

Working...
                                X