Anyone been on a Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
    And there isn't anything Harley about it.
    We live deepinaharta Harley-ville, so that's one of the attractions - something different than we see on the road ALL the time.

And now, with Harley's 110th celebration in town, they're freakin' everywhere....

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
      There is a Victory/CanAm/Kawi dealer close by that I get parts from on occasion.
      I have been offered test rides on the Victory and CanAm "reverse trike" (I am their ideal target market) but so far I haven't taken them up on it.
      They look better than they used to, and I do see a fair number around.

I actually enjoyed riding my friends V-RODS, but none of the "bros" waved at me.
      It was probably because I was wearing an Arai (duh).
      I/we sat on a CanAm a while back. We both had the same impression - it was almost identical to sitting on a jet-ski, and about as uncomfortable after only a few minutes. Wasn't all that interested anyway, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Nope - not for us.

Comment

I like Victory bikes. I had my eye on a King Pin for a little while, but it wasn't to be. The styling is different, but if you want to go American I think Victory is the way to go. We have so many Harley's around here that to me they feel like dime-a-dozen-bikes. You have to really go custom to make it unique. My polished up 850 creates just as much conversation at the pump as any other Harley I've been around.

"Hey, nice Suzuki. What year is that?"

Comment

"My polished up 850 creates just as much conversation at the pump as any other Harley I've been around."

I think people don't know what's what, too. An old friend in K.C. just bought a Harley, after years of having a Suzi Savage. People always thought his thumper was a Harley!

1979 GS1000

Comment

I have read recently a Victory needing warranty work may not get that work honored at a dealership IT WAS NOT PURCHASED FROM. On another forum a gent said he found this out the hard way- out of state and broken down. The local dealer would only repair if the owner paid in full. Supposedly in the owners manual it states this. Thts a game changer if the only dealer that will honor warranty work is the one it was purchased from!

"2... The look down their nose attitudes coupled with I am a BILLY BADAZZ attitude is a real turn off..just be a normal regular dude and it would be more well received."

THIS QUOTE IS SOOO CORRECT!! Not all Harley owners are like this. NOT ALL - Im not calling out any GSresource members!! Im thinking that HD owners bash metric bike owners becausssssse......Japan attacked the USA and the USA had to then teach Imperial Japan a lesson. Fair enough BUT.. HD owners give BMW, Norton, Ducati, BSA and Triumph owners a pass. Well in our nations past the US has been at war with Germany, Italy and the UK.

I have a coworker I had to get Sh@!!y with because I grew tired of his heckling and seeking me out to slam my "plastic toy Hondasaki." (I own a 1979 XS1100F and 1980 XS650) His antics were that of a drunken school bully. He built a gorgeous chopper. High dollar supposedly $70,000 into it. He referred to my 1100 as a starter bike and moped. I asked why do you say that? He said its only an 1100. I told him in period testing it ran 11.9 to 12.10 second 1/4 mile. He said his 2000cc chopper would run high 11s. I told him I bet its a fun bike but it has aftermarket EVERYTHING and has the displacement of a naval destroyer. I told him its actually pathetic his big built V twin runs what a stock late 70s early 80s inline four Japanese bike runs- with a skinny rear tire. He then angrily said "V Twins are for torque not drag racing!" I said OK but all the mods you do to to your Harleys are to increase acceleration- big cam, big carb, big exhaust, high flow heads high compression. I congratulated him that his $70,000 bike ran about the same time as bone stock 1980 GS1100. Then he asked why I was getting mad and I said Im tired of his arrogance and smack talk. He walked away and has been better since.

I like Harleys and I like BMW automobiles but some owners give them a bad name. In a nutshell- if I ever own a Harley I will never be a huge veiney mushroom headed bannana shaped male appendage to those who own different.

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post
              I have read recently a Victory needing warranty work may not get that work honored at a dealership IT WAS NOT PURCHASED FROM. On another forum a gent said he found this out the hard way- out of state and broken down. The local dealer would only repair if the owner paid in full. Supposedly in the owners manual it states this. Thts a game changer if the only dealer that will honor warranty work is the one it was purchased from!
              I doubt that this is true. There are a lot of state and federal laws involving warranties. I doubt they overlooked this situation. If there is any truth at all to this, I'd guess that it was an extended warranty from a 3rd party. I wouldn't honor a warranty card from "Joe's Warranties".
              Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Ok what I read was discussion and not a confirmed fact AND what I read is from 2011. Heres the forum:

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                  I was wondering how long it would take for a seemingly honest question to degenerate into a Harley bash. You guys are too predictable. Get some new material.
                  You are too predictable in your defense of pirates. Get some new material.

By the way, you missed a little Harely slam this morning.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    By the way, you missed a little Harely slam this morning.
                    Thanks! I was probably out riding my HD. I'll try to find it. Maybe you could post a link? Doesn't matter, though. It's all the same waste of a good resource. It used to bother me, until I realized some people just like to hear themselves talk. A lot of BS about something the poster probably knows nothing about. Hurt feelings because someone didn't wave? Get over it. Bash away. By the way, that post was almost a month ago. Kind of a slow response. Were you broke down somewhere?

Comment

Thanks! I was probably out riding my HD. I'll try to find it. Maybe you could post a link? Doesn't matter, though. It's all the same waste of a good resource. It used to bother me, until I realized some people just like to hear themselves talk. A lot of BS about something the poster probably knows nothing about. Hurt feelings because someone didn't wave? Get over it. Bash away. By the way, that post was almost a month ago. Kind of a slow response. Were you broke down somewhere?
                      Yeah, for a whole month. I made the mistake of riding a Hurly and it broke. Took a whole month to push it to the pirate shop. Too heavy to push. And a lack of interest in pushing. Because no matter how far you push it, you're still pushing a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Yeah, for a whole month. I made the mistake of riding a Hurly and it broke. Took a whole month to push it to the pirate shop. Too heavy to push. And a lack of interest in pushing. Because no matter how far you push it, you're still pushing a turd.
                        Wow! Good comeback! Really original! You almost hurt my feelings. Grow up.

Comment

Wow! Good comeback! Really original! You almost hurt my feelings. Grow up.
                          Nah, not gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X