Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 GS750EC build in progress (lots of photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, really looking forward the end result.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

My friend is just finished the upholstery for the seat. She sent me a picture last night but I haven't picked it up yet. I'm very excited for it.

Comment

Wow, nice friend to have. I've never seen that type of material being used before but it looks great! this is going to be one nice bike when it's all together.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Nice work, I am about to pick up a "junker" '83 750 and this thread is giving me some great ideas.

Comment

Not usually a fan of café transformations but this is an excellent job! Great attention to detail and tastefully thought out design. Keep the pics coming..

Comment

Where did you get those covered power wires? They look nice

Comment

Great job on the bike so far. Impressive build. Love that you went through the lower end. That would have resulted in disaster had you not.

Duece, not sure where he got the wires, but I've done business with this place and they are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Duece View Post
                  Where did you get those covered power wires? They look nice
                  The cloth wire is from Lowbrow Customs. I just grabbed a few feet from another guy in my garage. I'm only using it for the battery and the leads to the key switch. It's nice wire but it gets dirty really quick and it's more of a pain to strip than regular wire.

Comment

jwhelan65...It's got a "cafe" style seat but other than that it's fairly stock. Stock foot controls, bars, wheels, front end, suspension, etc.

Comment

I have a few small updates. The build has been on a little bit of a hold since I was finishing another project.

I got some free turn signals but there was no easy way to mount them where I wanted so we made some t-nuts.

Quick shot of the seat somewhat in place. Upholstery done by my friend Corinna. The seat itself is a hacked up and shortened Benji seat I got for free. Much body work is needed.

Temporary rats nest. Tentatively wiring a bunch of stuff together to make sure it works before I do the actual wiring.

And we made a bracket for the headlamp that mounts to the bottom of the triple tree. I anticipated it needing some more bottom support but it's extremely sturdy.

More soon.

Comment

great job... as said, incredible attention to detail... wish my tracker turned out this nice, keep it up.

Comment

So Ive recently acquired a 77 GS750 and am going through most of this sorta blind. Its nice to see someone else going through it as well. Great job with remembering to take pics as you go! They really help!

Comment

great job so far.
                            future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

I've been working on a few other project but I did start her up about a month ago. It was the first start since the rebuild.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Is it possible to embed video here?)

I edited out the ten kicks prior to it starting. No need for you guys to see that. Haha.

Since then I've also ran new brake lines and adjusted the brakes. Pretty much the last to-do item is the seat. I've decided to make a new one. I was modifying a Benji cafe seat I got for free but no amount of modifying is ever going to make it perfect. I'm going to buy some sheet aluminum in the next few weeks and begin shaping my own. It won't be all that different in shape than the Benji seat but it will fit a lot better. I also have a few ideas that should make it a bit unique. We'll see how it comes out.
                              Last edited by Guest; 11-25-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by christiank View Post

(Is it possible to embed video here?)
                                unfortunately it is NOT

Comment

Working...
                                X