Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Got to race Sunday with my buds Trip and LandSpeed,(and Mr. GS1500). Round one red light for the other guy, round 2,same thing, round 3 spotted a busa 2.4 seconds and beat him by a wheel at the finish. Got beat in the semi by sleeping at the light... Best time 9.24 at 141... and got a $60.00 payout... All sorts of fun.
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

that thing really hooks now you have the chassis sorted out.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Zen Master

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
      that thing really hooks now you have the chassis sorted out.
      I think the Zen master (Tripper) is waving his magic wand over the backend of Curts Busa buster!She sure was running strong last Sunday.Might have some 9.1s in her? Tripps paint sure looking good as well LSR

Comment

GREAT to hear you are having fun AND luck!!! Ray.

Comment

Thanks Trip for the help. and LandSpeed for the support... Nothing like a little luck, right Ray? We will be back at it a week from Sunday...
          Curt

Comment

Round 3 at Union Grove... Had to wait over 2 seconds after he launched..

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
              Round 3 at Union Grove... Had to wait over 2 seconds after he launched..

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/nsx...25242.mp4.html
              the video i just watched/listened to shows you need 2-3 more teeth on the rear..
              what's your thoughts on that?

Comment

the red busa was Rick Rucker he has been out of the game for a few years

Comment

You are running nines, and spotted a bike 2.4

I can't imagine the speed and acceleration. when I was a kid, top fuel was running 9s.

And that looked really difficult.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Bell, we need to meet somewhere and race. I got out this weekend. Ran 1/8th won Saturday runner up Sunday. Dialed 6.21 ran 6.21 8 out of 10 passes best rt .009 worst .035.

Comment

tonight we practice!!!

Sat~Sun are for real -- we have 4 events left to collect championship points at GLD -- Belucci has improved quite well .. I just don't let him know the dial or tire pressure --"launch straight" AND "Run it out" - I tell him". he won't finish last in points --- me? I'm in 3rd and only 30 points from 1st -- T.Ewig squeeked by me into 2nd last event. got to get back on top to be eligible for the race of Champions.

Next week is DIV 3 bracket finals -- INDY is such a nice place to run at.

I'll Try to take more photos of us and the turn out.

Comment

Blowerbike,
                        I seem to be hitting 5th well before I hit the stripe. I am not hitting the rev limiter, so maybe its possible. Or maybe just some laughing gas to get into the 8's? I have to work on reaction time... Letting the clutch fly ain't so easy... Bidding on a MPS air clutch on Ebay...
                        Sprout,
                        You are too consistant! You are running a slider clutch, right? But if you get into this area again, lets give it a try...
                        Curt

Comment

1/4 mile i set them up to turn on the shift light in 5th before the traps.
                          getting the gearing straight can pick up your 60' and better your ET.
                          you might have a tenth left on the table
                          i'm a live clutch guy...never had anything else..love em!
                          slider=mini bike clutch...lol

the video i'm referring to has your ET light up on the board right after i hear your 5th gear shift.
                          Last edited by blowerbike; 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM. Reason: `````

Comment

That was before I changed the rear sprocket. I went up 5 teeth and I am running out of gear on the top end...You were on the money in respect to that video. Check this one with the bigger sprocket..
                            http://s809.photobucket.com/user/nsx...25242.mp4.html...
                            This is the one... I hope.
                            Curt

Comment

First time I ran a slider. I will never give it up Haha. Blower, you're right a 140 mph mini bike,haha with a reaction time that includes a .0 something everytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X