No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more with only 8.5 in the back tire... hooked up good.
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Maybe a video will work...Click on the picture...
      Curt
      Last edited by bellucci; 09-25-2013, 02:03 PM. Reason: Instructions

Comment

So glad to hear you're doing good with your GS, Curt. I've been missing in action because of some priorities (both personal and with my role with the AMA) that left me completely without time to devote to the strip. I have my bike ready for some T&T but, I'm afraid that I'm going to run out of season before I can make it out. Just wanted to pipe up and say that I appreciate that you post up what's happening with your endeavors and to wish you continued good luck.

Comment

dammit curt you still have a bog...
          more gear or more 2 step RPM needed?
          lighter static springs?
          more air pressure in slick?
          going off of memory with a similar engine and 7" slick..
          seems i left around 7500-8000 on the 2 step.
          i was around 250lbs race ready.
          just sayin

Comment

My bet is less gasoline thru the mains and it will clean right up. 127.5 are in there now

tonight we will get some more time to experiment.

maybe a 7500~8000 launch and 11K shifts to see if we can get belucci lower than 30's
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

little problem before we fixed it.

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
              And one more with only 8.5 in the back tire... hooked up good.
              Curt
              This is an example of "BRIDGING" -- where the bikes is on the wheelie bars and the front wheel is not in the air.

Comment

I have best luck running 10 psi in my 7" slick. I learned a lession this past weekend. Saturday raced 1/4 mile. Semi finals bike ran great tell I turned onto return road. Sounded like a plug wire, so pushed all the wires and checked my grounds gassed the bike. Started and sounded great must have been loose? Called us to the line and bike lost two cylinders on the starting line. Bad coil. Went home changed the coil and went to 1/8 mile track. Bike ran great got to the finals. Rolled up to the line. Lite top yellow rolled in lite second yellow. Balb flickered so I rolled ahead BAM red light. Lesson learned once bottom is lite and so is the other person clock starts leave that balb out. Timer is active. whole lot of racing for two second place finishes, Haha. Thats racing.

Comment

So... Went last night and turned the 2step to 7000... Funny thing is, no stumble or bog... all I did is take the carbs off, try a friends set( with no difference).Reinstall mine and turn acc. pump back on. Alls good. 1.32 60 foot with a 9.32 at 138. It got damp and traction was minimal.. But I am much happier with no bog... Blower, if you are talking about my lockup springs, there aren't any. No lockup, no slider,just throwing the lever. Sprout, Second means you are right there for the big money... We have one bracket race left for the season. Oct 19-20...
                  Curt
                  Last edited by bellucci; 09-28-2013, 10:10 AM. Reason: numbers

Comment

Curt, wish I could make it. I'm starting to build an addition on my garage. Season is way to short, hopfully next season we can make the time to meet up and race.

Comment

There is always next year... lets hope... I will agree to race under one condition... Sell the air clutch
                      Curt

Comment

Curt, I'm using the air on my shifter. I can take pictures and inventory my set up for you so you can start shopping this winter.

Comment

I would appreciate that...
                          Curt

Comment

division 3 action!

half track when most of these 8 second bikes are just getting to 120 MPH.

Comment

The last points race is this weekend at Great Lakes. Trip is running both days and I will run Sunday. High temp is supposed to be 54... Looks like jetting will be a little lean. I just want to make it past the first round... I will try and post some video if possible...
                              Curt

Comment

rain? only a little

You would have made it past 1st round -- if you would have stayed!! Yes, our friend caught the bye,, instead they re-drew and we continued like normal.

we had 1 time run completed and a little shower came down. The rain let up they dried the track and believe it or not the track was sticky as superglue!!

Granted we went directly into eliminations after they got it dried up. big league style.

I ran 4 9:35 passes in a row - losing by .004 in the semi finals....

I earned 2nd place in championship points at GLD 2013 hooray!!

Comment

Working...
                                X