Carb adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb adjustment?

hey, I'm trying to bring a 79 GS1000 back to life and I was wondering about carb adjustments. the manual I picked up says don't, and gives no reset procedure... but to me it looks like someone already has. the adjustment screws also seem loose. I'd like to do a reset and check from there but i'm having a hard time finding info. any help would be great.

Best to assume that 34 year carbs need attention- and they probably have had the wrong kind at some time. Do you have VM carbs (3 screws holding top carb cap on) ??? you need to pull and clean them right- here's some reading

When you open them up, note the jet sizes in case some PO got ambitious.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thanks Tom there's a lot of good info here.

Comment

Lots of maintenance likely needs attention, head to Basscliff's site for info overload

Since this sounds like a project, consider starting thread in "project, rebuild " section- lots of members follow them doing their own projects.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X