Kawasaki S1 on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this just smells bad all around..
    got a guy wanting to see it in person but the seller says no go...
    below is c/p from action.
    pfffffft

Q: Hello Im Francisco from Miami and I have real interest in the bike, but as you can understand and know you have a very important bike but one of ghe most cloned in the last years. Im serious (you can see my over 1000 and 100% positives feedback and for more 10 years en Ebay) and I asume you too but I liked check it the bike before biding. Im looking (if you are ok) in fly on week end to your location to check it. Please let me know if thats are posible and then we start the arrangements. Thanks Sep-25-13
    A: Thanks for the interest Francisco. First of all I want to apologize to you for picking you out from some of the e-mails that I have received wanting to know if this is a clone. And I understand your concern. The reason I picked you is because you also had a second question. And to answer your second question, the bike is not available for viewing. I hope you can understand this from my end. Now for the most important question. First of all if you have researched S1's you would know that this is a correct VIN number. Second of all, the motor number goes with the VIN number. Forgive me if I sound rude.Third and most important, I have in my possession a State of Illinois title that has a VIN number on it that matches the motorcycle VIN. Also on the title are the dates that the title was issued and the purchase date. Date of purchase10/15/85. Date title was issued 10/22/85. As I stated in the description, I was going to put this on the street. Back then, these were not valuable. There were no cloned S1's running around like today. If you wanted a street version, you went and bought a Eddie Lawson replica. In hindsight, I'm glad I did not put it on the street. I hope this helps. Just remember that this auction may be the your only opportunity to ever own a real S1. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      this just smells bad all around..
      got a guy wanting to see it in person but the seller says no go...
      below is c/p from action.
      pfffffft

Q: Hello Im Francisco from Miami and I have real interest in the bike, but as you can understand and know you have a very important bike but one of ghe most cloned in the last years. Im serious (you can see my over 1000 and 100% positives feedback and for more 10 years en Ebay) and I asume you too but I liked check it the bike before biding. Im looking (if you are ok) in fly on week end to your location to check it. Please let me know if thats are posible and then we start the arrangements. Thanks Sep-25-13
      A: Thanks for the interest Francisco. First of all I want to apologize to you for picking you out from some of the e-mails that I have received wanting to know if this is a clone. And I understand your concern. The reason I picked you is because you also had a second question. And to answer your second question, the bike is not available for viewing. I hope you can understand this from my end. Now for the most important question. First of all if you have researched S1's you would know that this is a correct VIN number. Second of all, the motor number goes with the VIN number. Forgive me if I sound rude.Third and most important, I have in my possession a State of Illinois title that has a VIN number on it that matches the motorcycle VIN. Also on the title are the dates that the title was issued and the purchase date. Date of purchase10/15/85. Date title was issued 10/22/85. As I stated in the description, I was going to put this on the street. Back then, these were not valuable. There were no cloned S1's running around like today. If you wanted a street version, you went and bought a Eddie Lawson replica. In hindsight, I'm glad I did not put it on the street. I hope this helps. Just remember that this auction may be the your only opportunity to ever own a real S1. Thanks
      With that statement, anyone with any sense would immediately stop bidding.

For upwards of $60k, the seller should expect people to want to inspect it, and welcome it. The fact that he's not doing so indicates that he's either a fool or a crook.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

He can't be too bright if he has a S1 for 30 years and NEVER even road it!!!

If I kept looking at a S1 sitting in my living room after a few years and a few adult beverages it would be blasting down some back roads!!!

Sounds like more money than guts or skill!!!

Comment

Six days, nine hours to go, bid is at $65,000, reserve has been met.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm guessing 75-80,000 before it's over.

Comment

should I pull the trigger?

Comment

Pondering what's more important: my kids' college education... or a fast green motorcycle.
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11
                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

They are so rare... I've never seen one in the flesh.

Crazy money... $65k and climbing - reserve met.

The last S1 I saw on ebay was 7-8 years ago - it didn't hit reserve back then. I'm a little surprised by the high price, but they are the rarest of official Kawasaki models.

Comment

Usually the serious buyers don't come out until the end of the auction. This thing may go for crazy money.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

One of the buyers should ask Mr tbone8436 to take some pictures of the Dunlop KR133 Mfg date codes which are embossed in the sidewall. That would add a little traceability to this story.
                      1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                      Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                        Did you guys look at that Vin stamp? Shouldn't everything line up perfectly? Looked a little off. I know Suzuki's are; not sure about Kaw's.
                        Remember these were hand-built very low production bikes. I suspect the numbers would be struck by hand.

Comment

What impresses me is the additional parts that the guy accumulated. Some of these parts are impossible to find these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                            Pondering what's more important: my kids' college education... or a fast green motorcycle.
                            I think you know the answer to that question........... can I come over and ride it?

Comment

"They are so rare... I've never seen one in the flesh."

The only way to have seen one was to go to a Superbike Race in the early 80's -

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                                I think you know the answer to that question........... can I come over and ride it?
                                Yeah man... after i hard-tail it.
                                '80 GS1000ST
                                '92 ZX-11
                                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X