TCK's Carb Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCK's Carb Service

Just a friendly warning about the TCK's Carb Service advertised on the GS Parts and Services section of this forum.

To make the story short I send my carbs and extra parts and $170 to TCK back in June of 2013. For the past two months I received numerous excuses, promises and lies about the carbs being done and shipped.
    I won't get into more details since all of the information is available in the fowling thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=213959, but before you decide to use TCK I would suggest reading the thread and possibly selecting a different vendor. It's October 2nd of 2013 and I am without carbs or the money I sent him.
    Good luck.

Why not post it on his page? I would!

@sshole.. Back when he was in a time of need(long story) I, and many others "donated" to his need fund. Not even so much as a thank you.
    Never again!
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by tatu
      Not wanting to get into a quallrel with anybody, but there is already a thread running about all this and it is splitting the community. Why is this nessasary?
      Just seems like idle michief to me.
      This is the appropriate place. If anything It should have been put here in the first place. A violation of the fourum rules is not or should not be a devisive issue. Those are the rules and anybody here needs to abide by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
        Why not post it on his page? I would!

@sshole.. Back when he was in a time of need(long story) I, and many others "donated" to his need fund. Not even so much as a thank you.
        Never again!
        If you read the rules of GS Parts and Services you will see that admin reviews and approves those posts. It looks like the admin is not reacting to my email or posts.

Comment

Originally posted by brajchel View Post
          Just a friendly warning about the TCK's Carb Service advertised on the GS Parts and Services section of this forum.

To make the story short I send my carbs and extra parts and $170 to TCK back in June of 2013. For the past two months I received numerous excuses, promises and lies about the carbs being done and shipped.
          I won't get into more details since all of the information is available in the fowling thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=213959, but before you decide to use TCK I would suggest reading the thread and possibly selecting a different vendor. It's October 2nd of 2013 and I am without carbs or the money I sent him.
          Good luck.
          Wow!
          You just saved me a lot of time and cash. I was about to contact TheCafeKid and send him my carbs.
          Thank you!

Comment

GS650....PM sent with my proposal.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Success in 6 posts! Bravo!
              EULC ON

Comment

Might I suggest Chef1366 as an alternate source if he is still willing...
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Chef did some for me, and I'm super happy. He works shift work on an offshore platform, so he isn't constantly available, but the work he did for me was fine and dandy. He was very responsive once he was at home. I think he works 3 weeks on and 3 off, or something like that. I whole hardheartedly recommend his work.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                  X