N umber of impulses ie power strokes

its more complicated than that but the old iPhone allows for little more
      You mean PLANK formula.
      P is pressure
      L is length of stroke in feet
      A is area of piston
      N is number of cylinders
      K is max RPM halved

Multiply all these and divide by 33,000. That will get you indicated HP, does not take into consideration of friction HP loss. If you can figure that then minus it and you will end up with Brake HP.
      1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
      1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

I wonder if they will stick the drivelines into something else.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I think those are good looking bikes. My next bike purchase will likely be a GS850 or GS1000 but I'll be checking them out when they get to a showroom near me for sure!

Comment

I believe it to be a smart move. Some of the younger generation is of the mindset that less is more.

These new Street engines are based off of the same power plant in the V-Rod aren't they? Smooth and decent RPM's?

Comment

I wonder if they are going to make them even slower than an 883 Sportster.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                I wonder if they are going to make them even slower than an 883 Sportster.

Comment

As usual, TOO MUCH FVCKING HEAD ANGLE
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

wow what a piece of ****
                    what the sons of anarchy cast cant handle a real harley so they had them make a toy? HAHAHAHA
                    really HD what were you thinking?, is this for foreign countries only?

Comment

[QUOTE=platinum2;1958594 HD what were you thinking?, is this for foreign countries only?[/QUOTE]

HD is thinking that half of its dealer newwork is now overseas, and that the whole "ladys bike" mindset isn't present over there.

Plus, a lot of countries have restrictions on licensing and taxes based on motor size, so an entry level HD makes sense

In other words, for the up and coming Chinese businessman
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Sure, it only weighs about 500 lbs, but unless that's a massive caliper - why only single-caliper, single disc front brake?

Reading other reviews - this guy must be looking forward to the new Harley they're going to give him for writing the most kiss-a** review I've seen in a long time.

EDIT: Ok. In re-reading that and trying not to barf up my breakfast, this line says it all.
                        Because only a motorcycle we’re proud to build is a motorcycle you’ll be proud to park on your curb.
                        The 'review' was written by some Harley hack....
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

i watched one of the videos. nothing about performance but lot's of scenes of how cool you'd look parking if front of a bar.

from the above article, "Take a close look at any Harley-Davidson® motorcycle you see parked under the neon lights."
                          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                            Sure, it only weighs about 500 lbs, but unless that's a massive caliper - why only single-caliper, single disc front brake?
                            I can't speak for this specific model, but if it is as powerful as my Triumph Bonneville's single DBR was, that single DBR would arse spank my GS's dual wooden shoes any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

"Tuned to perfection in our state-of-the-art sound-testing facility in Milwaukee"

Lmao only Harley would have one of these
                              sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                              1994 gsxr1100w
                              1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

I love how he thinks a motorcyclist only belongs in city driving
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X