No announcement yet.

Bmw k1300r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., distributor of powersports vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, Side x Sides, Electric Balance Bikes & personal watercraft.

Above is the link to the Kawasaki Protection Plan. You can purchase this plan with the money you'll save by not buying the BMW. Also, if you get the C14, there will be enough savings after that to buy a lot of aftermarket stuff, seat, etc... Mind you, you very probably won't need the KPP because the C14 is so reliable. Ask somebody who has one! You'll have voluminous saddlebags, traction control, ABS, and a stable bike that will take you to Newfoundland and back without any concerns. 161hp is kind of fun too. Gosh, that sounds appealing to me!

PS
    As far as pleasant dealerships go, once you get the C14 home you won't need to see the dealers again. The warranty will be honoured as long as a certified shop does any work on it. (which it very probably won't need). In 2 1/2 years I've never gone back, even for a friendly visit. The only problem I've had with the bike is... wait a minute... nothing! Period

Edit - here is the link that shows the warranty for the ZG as 36 months, hmm, isn't that 3 years?
    Last edited by eddie21; 12-18-2013, 04:09 PM.
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      One thing I will say is that I have been treated bette at the BMW dealership than any other dealership. Period!
      This part is true. I went into a Suzuki dealership to buy a slightly used weestrom. No test rides, and he actually laughed at me for wanting one. He actually implied that I couldn't get the loan anyway, not sure why. Off to the BMW dealer, test rode a two year old F800GS, paid cash and bought it that day, wheelied past the Suzuki shop on the way home. Enjoyed that so much I went around the block and did it again. After riding both bikes quite a bit, the F8GS is far superior to the Wee, faster, lighter, far better off road, but I would have never known this if the Suzuki place would have treated me right.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Went to the bmw dealer again today to ask some questions that I had after reading so many forums and reviews that it made my head spin.
        They don't have the R model on the floor so they are looking into how I can test ride one. might be getting closer.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          This part is true. I went into a Suzuki dealership to buy a slightly used weestrom. No test rides, and he actually laughed at me for wanting one. He actually implied that I couldn't get the loan anyway, not sure why. Off to the BMW dealer, test rode a two year old F800GS, paid cash and bought it that day, wheelied past the Suzuki shop on the way home. Enjoyed that so much I went around the block and did it again. After riding both bikes quite a bit, the F8GS is far superior to the Wee, faster, lighter, far better off road, but I would have never known this if the Suzuki place would have treated me right.
          Sorry to admit that I'm petty enough to really enjoy that story. OK , not that sorry really.

Also glad to hear the F8GS is a good bike.

When/if the South Sudan mission kicks off again I'm thinking the F8GS is the right bike.

I thought there was suppose to be a standard version of the 1600 six cylinder bike. Mmm... In line six bike engine.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Went to the bmw dealer again today to ask some questions that I had after reading so many forums and reviews that it made my head spin.
            They don't have the R model on the floor so they are looking into how I can test ride one. might be getting closer.

Do I hear a road trip coming??? if it comes down to purchase time I'm not sure who would do better, you or your wife Exciting stuff Trevor no doubt about that. I guess all we could do in the garage with one of these is drink beer and stare at it.....hmmmm, a bike you don't actually have to work on all the time. Hey wait a minute, I just realized my bikes actually have a worse mechanical track record than Harleys or BMW's.. damn.. I get your point.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

as a former busa owner I test rode both the k1300 r&s. I was very impressed with both but absolutely love the look of the R and thought it would look awesome next to the wifes street triple. i can see one in my future in full carbon wrap. there was a couple real nice used ones in Ontario at the dealership in Newmarket but I haven't been in there for a couple months, might be worth looking into though if you decide on one.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                as a former busa owner I test rode both the k1300 r&s. I was very impressed with both but absolutely love the look of the R and thought it would look awesome next to the wifes street triple. i can see one in my future in full carbon wrap. there was a couple real nice used ones in Ontario at the dealership in Newmarket but I haven't been in there for a couple months, might be worth looking into though if you decide on one.
                Yes the carbon one is what I am interseted in too. The dealer here is tracking one down.

Last edited by trevor; 12-23-2013, 11:54 AM.
                No signature

Comment

Yes the carbon one is what I am interseted in too. The dealer here is tracking one down.

Looks like they found one! I will know more tomorrow...could be a merry christmas to me.
                  Wife says I have to sell one of my GS bikes if I'm going to buy the Beemer.
                  No signature

Comment

Looks like they found one! I will know more tomorrow...could be a merry christmas to me.
                    That's awesome. Hope it works out for ya.

Comment

Ohhhh......the fun to come

And then this.

So.........which one ya gonna sell????
                      Rob
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Ohhhh......the fun to come

And then this.

So.........which one ya gonna sell????
                        My wife's Bandit!!
                        No signature

Comment

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.......I'm not sure that's what she meant. BUT that's the right answer!
                          Rob

Comment

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.......I'm not sure that's what she meant. BUT that's the right answer!
                            It's the only bike in my garage that I would have any hope in getting for it what I have into it!
                            No signature

Comment

Good argument...always the salesman
                              Rob

Comment

Good argument...always the salesman
                                That's what she said!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X