Bmw k1300r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    This part is true. I went into a Suzuki dealership to buy a slightly used weestrom. No test rides, and he actually laughed at me for wanting one. He actually implied that I couldn't get the loan anyway, not sure why. Off to the BMW dealer, test rode a two year old F800GS, paid cash and bought it that day, wheelied past the Suzuki shop on the way home. Enjoyed that so much I went around the block and did it again. After riding both bikes quite a bit, the F8GS is far superior to the Wee, faster, lighter, far better off road, but I would have never known this if the Suzuki place would have treated me right.
    Why do salesmen do this? I wonder how many sales have been lost to a dealer because of such stupid assumptions. Years ago my cousin walked into a Harley Dealership with his work-around-the-yard clothes on. Not dirty mind you but worn looking. Heck, you buy new jeans these days that look like this. My cousin is looking at a new Harley and the owner of the shop says, "You gotta have jingle to look around here." My cousin turned around and walked out. Went to another dealer and bought a brand new bike with cash. Why make the assumption and why voice it? You only tick people off.

Trevor: "My wife's Bandit." LOL!!
    Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2013, 11:50 AM. Reason: because I never get it right the first time

Comment

No real news excepth that I talked to the dealer that has the bike that would be shipped here and he told me he has put a "sold" sign on it! My dealer here is closed until Jan 02. So I'm going to have to wait until then to find out how fast they can get it here.
      It's a new 2012 so would come with a full, unlimited milage 3 year warranty. Should be able to get a good price at at least dealer cost.
      Nothing going to happen though without me riding it first.
      No signature

Comment

Woah that is a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Nothing going to happen though without me riding it first.
          Take a long objective ride. Very long.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Take a long objective ride. Very long.
            Hehe...I plan to kent. Even going to take my wife on it too. They have no problem with me doing that. It's a lot of money for me and a big commitment. I work a part time job just to pay formy motorcycles. So I won't be taking it lightly.
            No signature

Comment

The 1300 is a real autobahn cruise missile. Strong motor in a capable chassis. Too big and heavy to be a serious sportbike it fits more or less into the same niche as a Honda Blackbird. If you like big fast comfy bikes you could do worse than the Beemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                The 1300 is a real autobahn cruise missile. Strong motor in a capable chassis. Too big and heavy to be a serious sportbike it fits more or less into the same niche as a Honda Blackbird. If you like big fast comfy bikes you could do worse than the Beemer.
                Thanks Chris,
                I certainly am not looking for a full on sportbike. And at 536lbs wet...that make it lighter than both my gs bikes.
                And I do like bike fast comfy bikes!! can't wait to take it for a test ride.
                No signature

Comment

Not bike related, but BMW related, and how much I like them, I went to look at getting a BMW X5, and it was only a 3 year lease I was after, walked into the dealership and in less than a half hour I was behind the wheel of a brand new X5 to test drive not for a half hour with the salesman, or an hour by myself, but was given the vehicle for the entire weekend, to really make sure it was the vehicle I wanted.....

And yes, I did get one, and not the one I test drove, but a brand new one....

Gotta love BMW

Maybe I should go look at their bikes.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Maybe I should go look at their bikes.....LOL

Watch out, there's a reason they allow test rides, they sell a lot of bikes that way.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Good story gk. I gotta say that they have treated me very well too. I get good service at one Japanese dealer here but only after spending lots of dough there. I'm getting to old and grumpy to deal with punks at dealerships! Lol...I want a more civilised experience when spending my hard earned dollars.
                      No signature

Comment

Going to the dealer this morning. Will keep you posted!
                        No signature

Comment

Is your wife going with you?
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                            Is your wife going with you?
                            Nope!
                            I think I have decided which bike I'm going to sell if I buy the BMW.
                            My Mazda!!!
                            Last edited by trevor; 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM.
                            No signature

Comment

Yawohl mein herr! Vee vant to hear about ziss experience!
                              IBA# 12860
                              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                              1984 KZ1100R
                              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                                Yawohl mein herr! Vee vant to hear about ziss experience!
                                I will call you Glenn!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X