1/8 mile times anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1badgs750 View Post
    Wow that's fast. ......call me nuts but I believe in the old fashion way of racing ....hand clutch foot shift......no 2 step box or air shifter
    Separates the men from the boys......old skool

Comment

If any of you guys are near eastern Pennsylvania come out to RMC....check out thier website. Oh yeah no wheelie bars allowed so you have to know your bike......Pro109.com

Comment

Originally posted by geek View Post
        Quickest I have been with my GS was 4.9977 @ 140.75 to the 1/8. 1.2213 short time.
        I think that is THE fastest 1/8 time I have seen here. Tell us more about your bike and where you run it- please.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Wow.
          Curt
          sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
            I think that is THE fastest 1/8 time I have seen here. Tell us more about your bike and where you run it- please.
            let me look through my time slips

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
              I've seen some quicker/faster slips posted.

READY TO GO? GET YOUR GATE PASSES NOW! Buy Tickets CURRENT NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS THE LATEST FROM OUR FACEBOOK FEED

Original chassis, Rajay 27 PSI boost. Bike was unstable.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

After chassis mods, Comp Turbo, 22 PSI boost. Tickets are towards end of clip.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've seen some quicker/faster slips posted.

READY TO GO? GET YOUR GATE PASSES NOW! Buy Tickets CURRENT NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS THE LATEST FROM OUR FACEBOOK FEED

Original chassis, Rajay 27 PSI boost. Bike was unstable.

After chassis mods, Comp Turbo, 22 PSI boost. Tickets are towards end of clip.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9afIfzeGtQ
                My best ever short was 1.296 and I thought my arms were gonna tear off. 1.22 sounds like fun. Yehaa

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                  My best ever short was 1.296 and I thought my arms were gonna tear off. 1.22 sounds like fun. Yehaa
                  The launch is not too bad.

It actually rides so smooth after the last changes to the chassis that I thought it was a mid 8 pass when it finally dropped into the 7's.

Having the bike jump around like it was made things exciting.

Comment

The launch is not too bad.

It actually rides so smooth after the last changes to the chassis that I thought it was a mid 8 pass when it finally dropped into the 7's.

Having the bike jump around like it was made things exciting.
                    It looks to me like the tire is unloading from shifting. Do you not have an auto trans.....Even sounds like it's killing ignition at shift points.....Billy

Comment

Thats Quick for a 850. we were running 850 yoshi pistons Full race cams flowed head. and twin choke delortos don't have any 1/8 mile times

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyB View Post
                        It looks to me like the tire is unloading from shifting. Do you not have an auto trans.....Even sounds like it's killing ignition at shift points.....Billy
                        Robinson 1-2.

Comment

Robinson 1-2.
                          I don't understand at all why you didn't go for the 1-2-3 auto, its bulletproof. As much power as your making, I could see an easy half a tenth in ET lost. The combo of killing power & shocking the tire is costing you......The difference in the ride might shock you....... Billy

Comment

1/8 mile times

And just to stay on topic, my 79 GS1000 2 valve runs 5.20 @ 132MPH....Best 1/4 mile time was 8.20 @ 158MPH.....No electronics, hand clutch, stock Suzuki clutch plates with a forged basket (modified GS1100 piece).....60 footers were typically 1.24 to 1.28 with a small tire homemade chassis. The 1/8 mile time on the above 8.20 pass was a 5.14 .......I am at near sea level here in Florida and that morning there was a 5MPH or so tail wind at Gainesville. If I knew then, that would be my last race, I wouldn't have lost that timeslip......Billy

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyB View Post
                              I don't understand at all why you didn't go for the 1-2-3 auto, its bulletproof. As much power as your making, I could see an easy half a tenth in ET lost. The combo of killing power & shocking the tire is costing you......The difference in the ride might shock you....... Billy
                              That's OK. I don't understand why is your bike so slow.

Comment

Quickest I have been with my GS was 4.9977 @ 140.75 to the 1/8. 1.2213 short time.
                                Is that a car tire chassis?
                                My stable
                                84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                                85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                                88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                                98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                                90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                                06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                                00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Working...
                                X